Chair, School of Information Technology Job Listing at ITT Educational Services, Inc. in Portland, OR (Job ID itttech-14315)
Chair, School of Information Technology
Tracking Code 2012-14315
# Positions 1
Minimum Experience (Yrs.) 5
Category Academic Affairs
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
* Apply for this job online
* Share this job on your Social Network!
More information about this job
ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
The Chair promotes ITT Technical Institute’s mission by providing effective management of instruction, assessment, faculty training and professional development within a school of study at a campus. The Chair supervises faculty and supports students in the school of study.
* Manages programs and instructional staff within the school of study at a campus.
* Ensures proper instruction and delivery of curricula, and ensures that the learning environment meets the curricula requirements.
* Communicates performance expectations to instructional staff, monitors performance (including conducting classroom observations), analyzes key performance indicators, provides coaching and feedback, evaluates performance and recommends corrective actions. Facilitates faculty concern resolution.
* Assists Dean in the creation of academic goals and objectives for the campuses’ Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
* Develops and coaches faculty in the achievement of goals and objectives.
* Makes recommendations to the Dean regarding the selection, retention, and assignment/ scheduling of faculty.
* Assists the Dean in determining classroom equipment and instructional staffing needs.
* Manages orientation, training and development of faculty.
* Conducts regular faculty meetings to discuss policies and procedures. Monitors faculty to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
* Serves as curriculum resource for students and faculty.
* Conducts regular curriculum meetings to inform faculty about new and revised curriculum, courseware, and teaching materials; solicits feedback regarding curriculum.
* Provides feedback regarding curricula to appropriate curriculum committee. May serve as curriculum content contributor and/or reviewer. Participates in advisory committee and advisory board meetings.
* Monitors student grades and attendance to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures.
* Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of educational process. Provides academic and failure advising to students and documents in student information system. Notifies Dean about student behavioral issues. Assists with new student orientation and student concern resolution.
* Coordinates relevant certification programs and student professional associations at the campus.
* Promotes student enrollment growth in assigned school of study by participating in the campuses’ re-entry program, implementing retention initiatives, attending campus events, and involvement in community and professional organizations and events.
* Collaborates with Director of Career Services to improve graduate employment outcomes in school of study.
* Maintains teaching assignment as scheduled.
* Completes professional development activities to maintain subject matter expertise in accordance with standards and/or as assigned
Bachelor’s degree is required. Faculty teaching upper division courses must have a minimum of a Master’s degree or when applicable, an equivalent professional certification or other related documented learning or expertise. A Professional certification or a Masters degree may also be required for program/subject matter expertise. Formal education degrees must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
Must have a minimum of 15 semester (or equivalent) credit hours in the subject area. The required level of academic preparation may be higher in some states.
Minimum of five years of applicable experience in the field of specialty, including two years of related teaching experience in a post-secondary accredited institution is required. A thorough knowledge of program offerings, instructional methodology, and effective utilization and administration of the program is necessary. Supervisory experience required.
Skilled in recruiting, interviewing and hiring new employees. Experience in supervising employees
with ability to assign work, train employees, and conduct job performance reviews. Able to foster a positive and productive work environment with ability to lead, build teams and motivate staff.
Experience in presenting material to all levels of employees or students. Possess strong interpersonal skills such as: the ability to build cooperative relationships by being perceptive of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do, selling or influencing others—convincing others to change their minds or actions, and the ability to utilize different methods and mediums to deliver course material.
Efficiently utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, course
management system software, and internet proficiencies.
Proven educational or administrative experience in solving complex problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
Strong work ethic, timely and accurately organize, prioritize and complete all job responsibilities.
Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
Visit us athttp://careers-itt-tech.icims.comto learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2011 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY.
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Portland, OR
View similar jobs:
Technical Production Artist
Kelly Services - Beaverton, OR
Kelly Services - Hillsboro, OR
Kelly Services - Hillsboro, OR
Locate this job: