Logistics Support Manager Job Listing at ITT Systems in Qatar (Job ID ittsys-940527)
Aerospace / Defense
Req ID # 8378BR
Advertised Position Title Logistics Support Manager
Division Mission Systems
Work Location Qatar
Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides management and oversight to the ITT Exelis Qatar - Base Operations Support Services (Q-BOSS) Logistics Support Branch working directly for the Installation DOL. The Logistic Support Manager works injunction with the Directorate of Logistics for all contracted requirements per the PWS.
Ensures contract personnel, to include subcontractors, are trained, qualified and certified as may be needed to perform the requirements of the contract in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner under the requirements specified in individual sections of the Performance Work Statement (PWS)
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
Provide daily management and oversight of the Logistics Support Branch sections consisting of: Supply Support Activity, Central Receiving Shipping Point, Organizational Clothing Individual Equipment, Installation Property Management, Government Furnished Property, Installation Transportation, Transportation Motor Pool, Full Food Service, Retail and Bulk Fuel, Shuttle Bus services, SSSC, Bottle Water and Ice in direct support of the Installations Directorate of Logistics (DOL) mission.
1. Ensures all personnel are compliant to all the ITT-Exelis polices established for CAS.
2. Certified Control Account Manager (CAM) for the EVMS program.
3. Maintains a program to review all operating procedures on a regular basis.
4. Monitor the quality and appropriateness of services provided for each section.
5. Approves all works schedules and leaves according to the needs of the mission.
6. Involved in the recruitment of all personnel.
7. Maintains a safe working environment.
8. Inspect & provide guidance on safe storage and handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
9. Manage results of inspections and maintain associated documentation and files.
10. Management, Administration & Training.
11. Set the example for respect, responsibility and integrity.
12. Provide operational guidance to ensure compliance with the PWS while delivering results.
13. Create a positive environment that is fair, inclusive and ethical.
14. Counsel, coach and mentor.
15. Provide management and oversight of two CLINS USAMMA and CMPC Warehouse Operations.
16. Provide and maintain a Standard Operating Procedure for all functions within DOL to the Government for acceptance.
17. Provide and maintain an external SOP for all functional areas.
18. Provide and maintain desk-top SOPs/work instructions for designated functions.
19. Establish performance metrics for each activity IAW Department of Defense Regulations.
20. Establish and maintain a work force adequate to perform all financial tracking, billing and file operations IAW provided ASG procedures.
21. Provide logistic support to manage, oversee and coordinate all DOL functions under the general guidance of the Director of Logistics (ASG Logistics Manager).
22. Manage the LSB Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
23. Manage the LSB Environmental Safety and Health (ESH) Program.
24. Provide oversight of the LSB Quality Management System (QMS).
25. Manage supervision of the Logistics Administration section to ensure efficient and cost-effective daily operations and adherence to ITT policies and procedures.
26. Responsibilities include analysis of practices and problems of all functions of the LSB to assist the DOL with increasing the effectiveness of logistics support at the installation.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer, cell phone, vehicle and other office equipment.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must possess at least ten years of senior multifunctional logistics experience relating to quartermaster, maintenance, transportation and support services provided by the installation. Equivalent to an O-4, 92A00, LG or CW4, 920, QM. Preferred background in DOL or Military logistics base support/infrastructure management. The following training/certifications are preferred: Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and EVMS Certification.
1. Senior level leadership / management skills.
2. Problem Solving.
3. Contract Management.
4. Multifunctional Management.
5. Computer Skills.
Manages a Branch with 155 Foreign Nationals and 11 US Citizens. Manages the LSB budget of over $2,000,000 through the EVMS system.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date Secret
Work Status Full-Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Qatar
View similar jobs:
SAP Project Delivery Manager, Qatar Job
SAP - Doha, Qatar
Data Scientist for Big Data Analytics Job
SAP - Doha, Qatar
Senior Relationship Manager - Global Corporates Qatar
Standard Chartered - Doha, Qatar