Apply on Company Website
JPMorgan Chase Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. Global Security and Investigations (GSI) protects the firm's employees and assets throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, Security guard management and alarm response, crisis management, ATM, branch and corporate building security and customer safety, physical crime investigations, workplace violence, fire and life safety, executive protection, due diligence, pre-employment screening, global security operations, fraud investigations, and cyber security. The SAR Inspection / Repair Executive Director position will be part of the GSI Compliance Investigation Unit, responsible for the development, execution and leadership of the Inspection / Repair (I/R) team. The Inspection / Repair team is a newly created unit responsible for reviewing Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing submissions to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulatory, audit and policy requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION SUMMARY
- The successful candidate will be integral in creating and maintaining a comprehensive Inspection / Repair (I/R) program that drives strategic activities; promoting systematic quality improvements, generating organizational change, and ensuring best in class communication and regulatory compliance.
- The incumbent has strong independent responsibility and demonstrates extensive compliance knowledge in working with SARs.
- Requires strong leadership, prioritization skills, and a willingness to tackle new and difficult challenges.
- Must have a very strong knowledge of the Financial System, and related Regulatory oversight expectations.
- High levelinterface with executives on subjects relating to investigations, compliance and audit within the lines of businesses.
- Requires sound judgment, the ability to lead and manage a diverse multi-disciplinary team, as well as the aptitude in coordinating, working with and gaining the trust of business stakeholders.
The SAR Inspection / Repair Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and oversight of the SAR IR team; including strategic planning, hiring, training, budgeting, and operating performance. The I/R ED is expected to demonstrate an inclusive leadership style and work closely with GSI management to further the objectives of the department.
- Will manage two dedicated teams consisting of 26 employees (who review, evaluate, and approve SARs) effectively coaching for performance and career development and is a role model in the pursuit of excellence.
- Ensure the teams work closely with GSI SAR filing teams and Corporate AML Compliance to ensure that GSI's overall SAR filing process complies with all regulatory, internal/external audit, policy and procedural requirements; develop controls for identifying issues, provide feedback, and maintain effective record keeping pertaining to SARs
- Work with other managers to create and update comprehensive SAR policy and procedure manuals, evaluate training modules and recommend enhancements where appropriate.
- Assist in developing metrics and key performance indicators pertaining to the SAR filing process; assist in the development and evolution of SAR related IT systems, perform reviews on SARs deemed deficient and reconcile differences between I/R reviewers and SAR filing teams.
- Ensure issues are properly documented, and provide constructive feedback to GSI investigative teams; monitor the team's process to ensure SARs are filed within the federal regulatory timeframe and assist in developing periodic reports for management and business stakeholders.
- Position involves access to highly sensitive and confidential information.