Apply on Company Website
- Senior Lawyer/Head of Legal Compliance for the PGSC providing local legal compliance support to the senior managers for all the day-to-day operations including specific advice on Labor/Employment Law issues, Philippine Export Zone Authority ("PEZA") Regulations, visa, work permits for expatriates, property/contract laws, pre-clearance, anti-money laundering, internal policies and all licensing matters..
- Provide legal support to various JPMCB units in the Philippines entering into technology and non-technology related contracts (e.g. outsourcing, offshore application development, hardware purchases and maintenance, software licensing, human resources, general procurement etc.).
- To draft and review inter-entity Service Level Agreements between the Receptor (the entity receiving the Services e.g. the PGSC) and the Donor (the entity offshoring the Services) in the form of Master Service Agreements/Service Level Agreements, etc. as the Services provided by the PGSC are the subject of inter-company contracts.
- To manage all litigation for JPMSIPL.
- Draft maintain local precedent library in accordance with JPMCB corporate policy and applicable law.
- Keep abreast of changes to applicable local laws and JPMCB corporate policy.
- To coordinate with colleagues in various JPMCB locations, in particular the US and UK for relevant visas and work permits for local i.e. PGSC employees on assignment/training in those countries.
- Mitigate and reduce exposure to JPMCB by ensuring legal processes, work practices and policies/procedures are appropriate in the current operating environment.
- Manage/supervise the local legal compliance team at the PGSC.
- Provide direction to the Senior Management Team in the Philippines on all legal compliance matters and being involved in mitigating any exposure in implementing the growth strategy of JPMCB in the Philippines.
- To provide local legal advice with respect to specifics in employment, contract, tax and other laws related to offshoring.
- As this is a senior management position, involvement and input into strategic plans for the PGSC and day-to-day advice to senior managers will be required.
Reporting Line: This position reports directly to the Global Head of Legal Compliance for Offshoring.