Apply on Company Website
The Role The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (EMEA) team is responsible for Anti Money Laundering (AML) monitoring and sanctions screening for all EMEA booked activity across the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) businesses and to provide KYC Compliance support to the heritage TSS business. The departments' role is part of the financial crime objective to:
- Identify suspicious activity and report to law enforcement
- Prevent clients being on boarded or being maintained that create money laundering or reputational risk to JPMC
- Ensure JPMC does not maintain accounts or facilitate transactions involving sanctioned countries, parties or individuals. This includes countries such as Iran and Syria plus terrorist entities or individuals.
The team works in partnership with colleagues in US and Asia Compliance, local EMEA in-country Compliance teams and client-focused staff in the LOB. The available role is in the part of the team responsible for identification of suspicious activity. Duties Responsibilities
- JPMC utilise AML monitoring systems to identify high risk activity for review. To become part of the AML monitoring team investigating highlighted activity researching the client and publicly available information to identify whether it is unusual and ultimately whether suspicious and requires reporting to law enforcement.
- Research and understand AML typologies and then apply the characteristics to interrogate transaction data to identify unusual activity.
- Escalate unusual activity and present cases to the monthly EMEA AMLMC (Anti Money Laundering Monitoring Committee) meeting with UK and German MLRO
- Provide reports to EMEA branch Compliance Officers, enabling them to evidence to their local regulators the AML monitoring completed and thereby meet their expectations.
- Provide feedback and escalate issues identified from AML monitoring into clients' KYC documentation and risk categorisation.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and enhanced reviews at the request of the MLRO, line of business Compliance, AML manager or external enquiries / investigations.