Apply on Company Website
Commodities Legal Entity Controller J.P.Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P.Morgan is part ofJPMorgan Chase Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P.Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands. UK Finance has primary responsibility for ensuring financial integrity within all UK based legal entities and to ensure a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the UK financial accounts. Global Commodity Group The GCC Group is a market leader in the trading and market making of Commodity products across the globe. The Commodities groups are run as global books across time zones.
- The Metals business comprises of Precious and Base metal trading. The former encompasses Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium trading, identifying opportunities for mining companies, central banks and hedging funds. Base Metals primarily deal on the London Metal Exchange in futures and options - aluminium, copper etc. as well as OTC trading solutions for manufacturers and suppliers.
- The Energy group is a physical and derivative trading and marketing group. The mandate for the group is to provide energy clients with derivative solutions/hedging strategies across crude oil, refined products, natural gas and Index trading (GCSI and DJAIGCI). They market swaps, options, swaptions, forwards and jointly with the Currency and Commodity Solutions group market customised structures. They deal directly with end users, suppliers and speculators.
- The Softs group is a derivative trading and marketing group. The mandate for the group is to provide softs clients with derivative solutions/hedging strategies across agricultural commodities (coffee, cocoa, sugar, wheat, soy products, corn) and Index trading (GCSI and DJAIGCI). They market swaps, options, swaptions, forwards and jointly with the Currency and Commodity Solutions group market customised structures. They deal directly with end users, suppliers and speculators.
- The Commodity Solutions group is a primarily a derivative structuring group. The mandate for the group is to provide derivative solutions across the broad spectrum of all currencies and commodities including precious metals, base metals, softs and energy to any range of customers. They deal directly with the sales force and share responsibility for PL amongst their assigned teams. Their job is to innovate products, provide solutions, spot opportunities and enhance client relationships. They work in partnership with all areas of the bank.
The Department The Commodity business is in a period of rapid growth at JPMorgan. The LEC team is tasked with ensuring integrity of financial data through this period of change and timely and accurate submission of local and internal filings. The Commodities LEC team is a small team of qualified accountants with responsibility for the Commodity related legal entities in the EMEA region. The position will report to the Commodity Legal Entity Controller.
The Role Primary Responsibilities:
- Production of statutory accounts under UK, Swiss, and other relevant local GAAP
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards
- Ensuring compliance with local and group accounting standards
- Liaison with local accountants and tax advisors
- Co-ordination of audits
- Monthly sign of balance sheet and pnl
- Prime point of contact for queries relating to legal entity
- Assistance in ensuring an effective control environment
- Ad hoc enquires as required
- Liaison with business to ensure resolution of ad-hoc issues eg funding, fx,
- Liaison with local tax advisors to ensure timely filing and payment of local submissions