Welding Process Development Engineer Job Listing at Jabil Circuit in St. Petersburg, FL (Job ID 26881)
Develops, manages and implements relevant manufacturing solutions ensuring that Jabil production is meeting cost, quality and throughput requirements. Understands and masters technologies specific to area of competence. Develops new or modified process formulations, defines processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of products.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- At any stage from pilot concept to full-scale manufacturing, provides technical direction for manufacturing product design and manufacturing in an area of expertise (e.g., welding, materials, and welded fabrication, or other relevant technology)
- Coordinates design requirements and reviews with appropriate engineering/scientific personnel to ensure compatibility of processing methods
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications. Resolves manufacturing problems and provides procedures and processes for manufacturing facilities.
- Conceives and plans projects involving definition and selection of new concepts, equipment automation technology, and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved processes
- Conveys technical solutions for areas of competence both to other engineers and to business personnel. Works with engineering team(s) to develop final product solution for chosen architecture within time and cost constraints.
- Provides training for engineers and inspectors
- Ensures that the most cost effective manufacturing processes and procedures are used
- Reviews and approves equipment purchases (in accordance with capital plans) to ensure they are technically suitable for the purpose intended and consistent with production plans and needs
- Develops new manufacturing practices as needed to ensure that manufacturing costs, technique and quality are kept current with external industrial practices
- Prepares long-range equipment needs budget for capital plan, ensuring Jabil is in the fore-front of manufacturing technologies
- Reviews cost and qualities of development and manufacturing processes and recommends improvements in processes and techniques
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Welding or Materials Joining Engineering required
- Minimum five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess expert level skill in one of the following areas: Thermal Analysis; Optical Engineering; Finite Element Structural Analysis, or welding/fabrication processes
- Familiarity with all standard welding certifications preferred (e.g., ASME, AWS, MIL-STD)
- Approved apprenticeship and experience in the metal fabrication industry preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Senior Manager, Public Policy
WellCare Health Plans - Tampa, FL
Corporate Behavioral Medical Director - Tampa, FL
WellCare Health Plans - Tampa, FL
Robert Half Technology - St. Petersburg, FL
Locate this job: