Thin Film Manufacturing Process Engineer (Wafer Fab) Job Listing at JDSU in Bloomfield, CT (Job ID 17776BR)
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and markets diverse technologies that enhance the way people experience the world every day. We enable fast, high-quality communications, secure financial transactions, reliable consumer electronics, green energy, differentiated brands, and a host of other solutions. We provide these solutions through three business segments: Communications Test and Measurement, Communications and Commercial Optical Products, and Advanced Optical Technologies. To learn more about JDSU please visit www.jdsu.com, www.jdsu.tv, and follow JDSU on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jdsu. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If what matters to you is to have a career where you can positively affect technology to enhance the way people experience the world, your future is at JDSU!
The Wafer Fabrication Process Engineer (Thin Film) is responsible for working with Process Engineering and Technicians to maintain and develop wafer fabrication processes to support a LiNbO3 modulator Wafer Fab. The process engineer must have some experience with semiconductor fabrication processes such as photolithography, thin-film deposition, dry etching and associated metrology and be eager to expand their understanding and skill set. Familiarity with the design of experiments (DOE) and statistical process control (SPC) elements are a real plus. The process engineer will be responsible for training and certifying use of the processes by production personnel as well as establishing on-going maintenance procedures. Additionally, this engineer will collaborate with chip designers, process engineers and manufacturing engineers to design for manufacturability and innovate further advances in device performance and continuous improvement in yield.
Key Success Indicators:
• Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis.
• Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions.
• Effective communication and technical writing skills; able to communicate ideas, concepts, and plans across multiple levels.
• Experience with process development and transition to production for optical coatings and devices.
• High Rate Wafer Fabrication including semiconductor and thin film processing.
• Design and manufacture of vacuum chambers in the areas of sputtering, PECVD, e-gun evaporation and in situ optical monitoring for optical coatings.
• Demonstrated experience in vacuum deposition process improvements with emphasis on repeatability and process capability.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and fostering a team environment.
• Proven experience with Cycle Time Reduction with relevant technologies in high rate production lines.
• Photolithography, thin-film deposition, chemical etching, dry etching
• Familiar with Product Release Documentation Processes
• Know How to Release New Manufacturing Test Stations
• Training, Work Instructions, SPC Implementation
• Project Management experience
• Minimum BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, Material Science or Manufacturing Engineering
• Minimum 6 years industrial experience in fabrication of Si, III-V or LiNbO3 devices
**This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen or National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, Refugee, or Temporary Resident granted amnesty.
• Graduate/Advanced degree preferred
• Expertise in Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
• High volume wafer fab production experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with a cleanroom work environment.
• Knowledge of semiconductor industry best practices in wafer fabrication, metrology, material characterization and test.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Farmington Valley, CT
View similar jobs:
High Speed Opto Electronics Chip Designer (100g - 400g)
JDSU - Bloomfield, CT
Material Handler Level III
ADPI LLC - Windsor, CT
Wafer Test Engineer
JDSU - Bloomfield, CT
Locate this job: