Benefits Manager Job Listing at Jericho HR Group in Dallas, TX
Human resources, Manufacturing
Location: Dallas, TX
Plans, develops, and administers the various employee benefit programs, including but not limited to life and health insurance, disability, FMLA, pension, and related programs. Recommends new and/or improved employee benefits plans and cost-saving measures. Ensures compliance with all legal requirements of various employee benefit programs. Directs the preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies, insurance carriers, other organizations and individual employees. Resolves benefit issues and recommends changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the benefit function.
• Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; basic hospital, medical, surgical, and major medical plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies
• Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information and develops specific recommendations for review by management
• Assists in the development or recommends specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and obtain uniform benefit package for all company locations, where possible
• Recommends classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Prepares census data and assists in the solicitation of quotations from insurance companies. Evaluates quotations and makes recommendations to management. Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
• Installs approved new plans and changes.
• Executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
• Assists in development of company bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyzes union benefits demands. Obtains and prepares cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
• Prepares reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
• Define training needs for staff and make recommendations on courses the staff should pursue.
• Develop relationships and interface with vendors, suppliers, government agencies, contractors, and industry leaders that impact the corporation.
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
• Conduct periodic performance evaluations of staff and provide feedback on their goals and objective accomplishments.
• BS degree or relevant discipline, Masters Degree desirable.
• CEBS certification is preferred.
• 6+ years’ experience as a Benefits Manager in a medium to large manufacturing company containing a union environment
• Planning and organization: an ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
• Strong customer orientation with excellent problem analysis and resolution skills.
• Ability to work within high performance teams and is a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have a sound working knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and data collection procedures with excellent attention to details.
• Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
• Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Broad knowledge of benefit best practices
• Computer experience required in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Manufacturing and Union experience a big plus
If you are interested and qualified, please send a “Word” copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group
Apply to this job
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
College Relations Director
Fidelity Investments - Westlake, TX
Training Manager- Southwest Division Group Job
Genuine Parts Company NAPA - Dallas, TX
Nestle Waters North America - Dallas, TX
Locate this job: