Locate this job
The IT Auditor assists in completing the annual audit plan in compliance with the audit manual. This includes but is not limited to IT general controls (logical security, change management, data center environmental controls and back-up/recovery) and application audits; system development, implementation and conversion audits. The Auditor provides audit in-charge with accurate, independent and timely recommendations regarding IT control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement at all airline and support center locations.
- Prepares narratives, flowcharts and risk assessment matrices to document control processes, and assist in the identification of technology risks and their respective mitigating controls.
- Creates audits in TeamMate, assists in the preparation of planning memos, provides input into the audit scope and executes audit programs.
- Participates in interviews with clients, analyzes audit evidence, and documents audit work performed and conclusions reached.
- Keeps audit in-charge informed of the status of audits in progress and any potential problems or significant audit findings as they arise.
- Identifies and documents audit issues in TeamMate and discusses issues with audit in-charge.
- Executes the annual audit plan; and follows the department Manual (Corporate and IT Audit Department Guidelines and Audit Processes).
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years IT internal audit, business process consulting and/or public accounting experience.
- Ability to travel approximately 15%.
- Strong knowledge of basic technology controls and management information systems terminology, concepts and practices; able to recognize significant IT control issues.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, web based applications, and basic infrastructure and network technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong analytical, negotiating and presentation skills; and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and an independent audit perspective.
- Ability to work independently with some supervision and complete assignments timely with sufficient attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of coverage.
- A team player; ability to develop working relationships; interface with all levels of Leadership
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- CIA, CPA or CISA desired
- MBA or equivalent a plus
- Big 4
- Skills with Visio, ACL, Teammate or SAP a plus
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top
Apply on company website