Apply on Company Website
The SAP BI Developer will be responsible for the design, development, unit testing and support of the SAP Netweaver BW 7.x with HANA for Operational and Analytical reporting solutions using SAP BO across several SAP modules including HR, FI/CO, Logistics and BPC. The individual should possess a sound understanding of the BW/BO Architecture and its integration with SAP and Non SAP data sources.
The Developer will work closely with Business users, Functional Analysts, Developers and System Engineers to resolve issues, analyze Business requirements and implement BW Data Models and BO solutions to address the reporting needs. The individual will develop and maintain thorough understanding of the Best practices of SAP BW Modelling and Implementation methodologies, Query Design techniques, follow existing standards and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Build and Enhance the BI metadata object repository including Infocubes, DSOs, Multi-providers, Infosets, Virtual and Hybrid Providers relevant to reporting needs in areas of SAP HR, FI, Logistics and BPC.
- Develop and enhance Transformation routines including Transfer and Update rules, Extractors, Process chains and User exits.
- Activate and Enhance Standard SAP BI content as relevant to the reporting requirements.
- Analyze and configure the BI Solutions to facilitate Operational and Analytical reporting.
- Develop Data Flows, BW structures and support the ETL processes for loading data into BW and BPC Info-providers.
- Translate Business requirements into Business Warehouse and/or Business Objects solutions.
- Build BEX queries for feeding data into SAP BO for delivering BO platform solutions including Analysis for Excel, WebBI reports and Dashboards.
- Troubleshoot existing data models, transformation routines, process chains and BEX queries to address performance / data load issues.
- Maintain necessary understanding of the HANA architecture for design considerations while building the BW objects.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for managing and enhancing the BW/BO Platform.
- Mentor less experienced team members and Business users on following best practices and Data warehousing concepts to keep the environment relevant and free of Issues.
- Ability to execute all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to explain technology issues and work progress to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Support the SAP team during system testing, interacting with functional business analysts to define and clarify system specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or similar.
- 5+ years of experience with modelling in an SAP Netweaver BW 7.0 or higher.
- At least 3+ years of Hands-on experience working in two of the following BI Functional Areas is required : HR, FI, Logistics or BPC
- Experience with 2 full lifecycle implementations of SAP Netweaver BW 7.x
- Experience with ABAP development tools to create Transformation routines/ Custom Extractors/ User Exits.
- Experience with creating and managing complex Process chains.
- Experience with developing BEX queries for reporting and analysis.
- Experience with BO Frontend tools like Analysis, WebBI, Dashboards preferred
- Experience with Data Extraction and Loading
- Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- SAP BW 7.3 or higher
- SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 is preferred
- SAP BPC experience is a strong plus
- Demonstrated understanding of BI Architecture and design principles
- Familiarity with SAP’s service marketplace customer tools and SDN.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Understanding of relational databases is required, understanding of SAP HANA is a plus
- Understanding SAP’s presentation, application and database layers
- Understanding of the SAP’s new software release management strategy (Support Enhancement Packs).
- Capacity to adapt to constantly changing environments
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement
Back to top