The Revenue Management team is responsible for maximizing ticket revenue on every flight, every day, within the JetBlue route network. The group is comprised of two teams—inventory and pricing—that work closely together to ensure that JetBlue is selling the optimal number of tickets across the spectrum of prices available based on customer demand.
Whereas analysts and senior analysts are largely responsible for the day-to-day pricing and inventory management of JetBlue flights, the role of the Senior Analyst Strategy is to leverage prior market management and pricing experience to tackle higher-level strategic revenue challenges facing the department and JetBlue overall.
The Senior Analyst Strategy will conduct strategic analyses on his or her own, and will also lead analysts through strategic projects. He or she will also provide analytical and strategic support for flight-based marketing initiatives driven by the TrueBlue, Market Planning, and Getaways teams. Overall, the strategy analyst will leverage a deep understanding of revenue management goals and expectations to improve revenue management, commercial, and company initiatives.
- Serve as a thought leader within the Revenue Management department to identify and lead strategic projects and analyses
- Work closely with department managers and director to function as a “team lead” affiliated with one of the inventory or pricing teams
- Mentor inventory and pricing analysts and lead them in strategic projects and analyses
- Represent the department in projects that lead change and growth of our business and maintain strong cross-departmental relationships; assist in serving as a voice for Revenue Management in cross-departmental matters
- Optimize TrueBlue redemption levels to increase the value proposition of the program while maintaining revenue performance; identify opportunities to create targeted TrueBlue redemption offers and promotions
- Work with Market Planning/Promotions team to create tactical and market-specific promotions for new and need markets, flights-based "buzz" initiatives, targeted customer offers, advertised fares, etc.
- Assist in designing profit accretive Getaways promotions by identifying distressed inventory opportunities and availability of discounted "ground" net rates and incentives
- Analyze the performance of various commercial initiatives against set targets, provide feedback to marketing teams and continuously improve marketing initiatives based on metrics
- Serve as a voice for the team on pricing matters and help team development and understanding of pricing strategies
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) plus years of relevant work experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of quantitative or analytical experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and other database tools
- A proven interest in economics, mathematics, or business in schooling or prior work experience
- A proven interest in airlines, aviation, or transportation systems in schooling or prior work experience
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of SQL server, including coding
- Master’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, physics, applied mathematics, operations research or related field
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
- Computer and other office equipment
Physical Effort: Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement
Back to top