Technology Engineer Job Listing at JM Family Enterprises in Alpharetta, GA (Job ID 13-0262)
This position will require the incumbent to draw upon their past mainframe systems programmer and management experience. The primary responsibility will be the management of mainframe outsourcing provider to ensure business system availability and efficient operational performance. Additionally, interface and help manage other vendors while providing support and leadership for mainframe technologies. Will provide oversight of efforts to troubleshoot issues, optimize current system, capacity planning, communications, storage administration, coding and make sure all software is up to latest release and technology levels. In addition, the incumbent will provide guidance to the application development staff for mainframe systems topics and issues.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide operational and technical oversight, manage, assist in planning, organize internal resources as needed and interface with the mainframe outsourcing provider to provide services for our internal customers.
• Provide thought leadership with respect to operational and efficiency improvements.
• Develop and provide adhoc performance and tracking reports.
• Research new technologies and features to determine applicability to JM Family.
• Provide operational and consultative guidance for mainframe infrastructure and technologies to all JM organizations.
• Act as an escalation point and participate in mainframe incidents as needed to coordinate and direct activities as well as to provide guidance to outsourcing provider and other JM support groups.
• Develop new mainframe utilities when required.
• Recognize the need for and work closely with outsourcing provider to review processes and jobs to further streamline operations.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends based on business needs.
Requirements 1. Candidate must have a strong background in mainframe systems programming. This includes analyzing, documenting, installing, developing and maintaining operating system software including utility software and system software languages while providing technical support to users concerning system software and utilities.
2. Experience with managing mainframe outsourcing agreements and managed service providers.
3. Knowledge of and ability to articulate/document mainframe best practices with the ability to lead vendors to the successful implementation of those best practices.
4. A strong, working knowledge of ITIL principles with emphasis on problem/incident/change management and experience with managing vendors towards the implementation of those principles while leading the vendor to successful results.
5. Bachelor degree in Business or Information Systems preferred.
6. Must have 10+ years experience in IT and mainframe systems support.
7. Must have proven technical/thought leadership experience in IT and track record of out-of-the-box thinking.
8. Candidate must have a passion for mainframe technologies.
9. Technically aware and keeps up to date on current technology trends (in particular as related to the mainframe platform).
10. Proven experience with effective delivery within IT.
11. Candidate must be highly accountable, drives for results and ability to collaborate with groups across ITS and with vendors.
12. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required. Ability to work independently and to maintain effective working relationships with vendors, and multiple staff levels.
13. Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and or/integrating diverse technology applications.
14. Ability to assist in the development of department strategic roadmaps providing vision and thought leadership in key technology areas.
15. Experience managing a high volume work load.
16. Excellent communication skills. Ability to present and translate highly technical capabilities to business leaders in a way to gain understanding and to conceptualize business value (speaking without using technology-speak, developing management presentations, writing and documenting business and technical documentation, developing process diagrams).
17. Experience in establishing best practices, procedures and enforcing governance.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Technology Support Associate
UPS - Alpharetta, GA
Senior C# Developer - Atlanta $100K+
Robert Half Technology - Atlanta, GA
Junior Developer - Alpharetta $70K
Robert Half Technology - Atlanta, GA
Locate this job: