J.P. Morgan Private Banking High Net Worth Banker Job Description JPMorgan Chase Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion, $164.7 billion in stockholders' equity and operations in more than 60 countries. Our clients include millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporations, institutions, and governments. Our Asset Management franchise, which includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We serve ultra high net worth and high net worth clients through the Private Bank. For more than 160 years, J.P. Morgan Private Banking has helped the world's wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions. With client advisors in 120 offices in 25 states and 14 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, banking, and credit. Primary Function As a Banker at JPMorgan, you will be accountable for identifying and developing client relationships within the high net worth market by acting as the brand ambassador of JPMorgan. As a brand ambassador and the face of JPMorgan, the Banker leads new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services, and financial planning. The Banker also leverages the specialists on their team (Investor, Capital Advisor, Wealth Advisor, Trust Estate Advisor) in order to provide interdisciplinary expertise for our most complex clients. This role is primarily responsible for the client experience and engaging our resources to deliver a complete wealth management solution.
- Assume the role of relationship manager for a specific set of clients through proactive conversations focusing on financial planning; also acts as a conduit of JPMorgan by referring opportunities to other lines of business
- Responsible for engaging in aggressive business development and delivering significant sales results
- Exceed the expectations of JPMorgan clients by displaying creativity in formulating integrated solutions through the use of a wide range of products and services (including investments, trust, banking, wealth transfer, etc.)
- Engage in direct prospecting; develop network of internal and external referral sources
- Use business and personal contacts to help identify potential clients
- Solutions provided for both potential clients and current clients are proactive and advice-based
- Develop a perspective on specific client situations in order to effectively select products to sell
- Educate and advise clients on the variety of solutions that could resolve their issues and meet their objectives
- Assist in the development and retention of junior staff through coaching and mentoring
- Accountable for ensuring that the client has a positive experience
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMCs review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements. In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter. Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx.