College Prep (HS Math & Verbal Skills) Instructor - Far Rockaway Job Listing at Kaplan in Far Rockaway, NY
Computer Software, Media / Publishing
College Prep (HS Math & Verbal Skills) Instructor - Far Rockaway
Req # 21304BR
Division KTP Pre-College
State New York
City Far Rockaway
Full Time/Part Time Part-Time
Required Working Hours Evenings
Job Description Join Kaplan as aCollege Prep Instructorworking with local high school students in the Far Rockaway, NY area!
In this role you will lead assigned classes and be trained to deliver our proven curriculum to help your students prepare for the SAT/ACT as well as build basic verbal and math skills needed for their future academic careers. We seek dynamic, engaging presenters with a proven ability to motivate others and lead a classroom.
Candidates must have prior experience taking the SAT/ACT and an SAT/ACT score at or above the 80th percentile mark to qualify.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry-leading company and really make a difference!We offer comprehensive training and development to help you master the classroom.
Delivery of Instruction:
* High energy level and ability to engage students
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to learn our methodology and strategies quickly
* Active and ongoing classroom management
* Receive and respond to ongoing training, development, and feedback
* Mentoring skills to help guide students of all levels achieve their highest scores on "test day"
* Respond to or escalate student related issues as they arise
* Partner with our service and academics support staff to ensure student needs are met
* BA/BS preferred
* SAT or ACT score at or above the 80th percentile
* Previous training/teaching experience preferred
* Daytime availability required (from approximately 2:30 pm on weekdays)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Education/Teaching jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Project Director, Emerging Services
TNTP - Brooklyn, NY
WNET Education Department: American Graduate Day Intern
WNET - New York, NY
CVS Caremark - Manhattan, NY
Locate this job: