Medical Assistant Instructor Job Listing at Kaplan in San Antonio, TX (Job ID kaplan-853835)
Computer Software, Media / Publishing
Medical Assistant Instructor
Req # 21425BR
Division Kaplan Higher Education Campus
City San Antonio
Full Time/Part Time Part-Time
Job Description Kaplan College-Ingram Campus is currently searching for a dynamic, part-time Medical Assistant instructor.
The mission of the Medcal Assistant Instructor is to provide the student(s), our customer(s), with the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain entry-level employment in the field of Medical Assisting. To accomplish this mission, all instructors will utilize their talents, skills, and abilities in a coordinated and consistent team effort under the guidance and supervision of the Program Chair.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide an engaging learning environment and facilitate hands-on activities in which students with differing learning modalities may attain success.
- Maintain program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace skill levels for graduates.
- Report concerns regarding student attendance academic progress to appropriate person.
- Refer students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Actively assist the school in retention efforts which may include telephoning students who are not engaged in the course, attending new student orientation, attending graduation, etc.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology that are applicable to the program and actively participate in professional development.
- Participate in institutional assessment.
- Regularly attend and participate in faculty meetings and continuous improvement sessions as required.
- Assist in curriculum review as required.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student attendance and grades.
- Maintain open and timely communication with students and the school.
- Provide students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
- Maintain professional development plan, teaching eligibility forms, and current licensure documentation.
- Be knowledgeable of and maintain target retention and attendance performance in the classroom.
- Be engaged in the enrollment process.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field of Medical Assisting.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Patient Care Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - San Antonio, TX
Temporary Clinical Handscorer - WISC-V Integrated Job
Pearson - San Antonio, TX
Hospital San Antonio - PRN Physical Therapist - San Antonio, TX
RehabCare - San Antonio, TX
Locate this job: