Software Development Manager Job Listing at Kaplan in La Crosse, WI
Computer Software, Media / Publishing
Software Development Manager
Req # 17437BR
Division Kaplan Professional Education
City La Crosse
Full Time/Part Time Full-Time
Required Working Hours Days
We are looking for expert level software development manager who is excited about technology and is interested in using their skills to build web applications using the best development methodologies and techniques within a cross-functional agile team-based development environment.
Are you ready to lead an exciting cutting edge development team?
At least seven years of professional software development experience, with no less than five years in the LAMP technology stack.
Several years of previous management experience required.
We are looking for a developerment leader from a variety of backgrounds who is willing to take ownership and accountability for their work and support their team to accomplish key objectives.
Prior development experience with eLearning platforms is a bonus.
Show us something interesting in any of the following technologies:
* Zend Framework (or other PHP frameworks)
* Linux, Apache, memcached
* At least one year of experience with unit testing and test driven development using PHPUnit, qUnit, jUnit, selenium, jslint or similar technologies
* Experience working with high traffic websites and an interest in building scalable applications
Bonus points for being advanced in any of the following technologies/tools:
* Version Control (SVN, HG, or GIT)
* Python, C, C++, Java
* node.js, backbone.js, ext.js
* Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, MySQL Cluster
* CruiseControl, Hudson, Jenkins (or other continuous integration environments)
We are looking for a problem solver who can work well on solo assignments, as well as within a team-based structure, with the following attributes:
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Attention to detail
* Excitement about new technologies
* Experience with scrum or agile within a development team
* Ability to write clear, readable and maintainable web applications
* Experience with development patterns, refactoring, code improvement, object oriented design, basic code architecture concepts
* Understanding of development best practices and web application security best practices
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or a combination of education and experience. For candidate with a Master’s degree in Computer Science, some of the experience requirements may be waived if your area of study or thesis was centered around eLearning or Instructional Design.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Wisconsin Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Senior Systems Engineer
Kaplan - La Crosse, WI
IT Project Manager Telecommunications
Michigan Tech - Houghton, WI
The Judge Group - DE PERE, WI
Locate this job: