Apply on Company Website
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in asetting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
The Director of Nursing/Nurse Executive is responsible for oversight of the daily clinical and administrative operations of the nursing department to assure that each resident receives the necessary care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well being, in accordance with their comprehensive plan of care. Assures that the nursing departments philosophy and objectives incorporate evidence-based practice in providing high quality care and quality of life to each resident. Services as an advocate for the residents and staff under his/her direction. Fosters high standards of resident care through the provision and promotion of diligent orientation and continuing education efforts, adequate levels of nursing personnel, properly prepared nursing supervisors and managers, and current policies and procedures. Works collaboratively with ED/CEO in adherence to the ED/DNS Partnership Agreement.
- Assures nursing organizational structure supports clinical and administrative standards and goals that will enable the center to achieve its mission and ongoing survey readiness and regulatory compliance.
- Implements Kindred systems, processes, and programs to achieve the mission, goals and strategic plan for the nursing center.
- Leads nursing management team to ensure quality outcomes.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state and other regulations, including state specific clinical practice acts.
- Accountable for consistent assignments in the center and adjustments to staffing based upon census, acuity and budget.
- Assures effective recruitment and retention plans exist, and participates in their implementation.
- Adheres to Kindred personnel policies and procedures as outlined in the Human Resource Managers Guide. Ensures performaance evaluations for nursing employees are completed in a timely manner.
- Promotes effective working conditions, and positive employee relations.
- Participates in budget discussions and staffing composition recommendations.
- Participates in the nursing center Performance Improvement process by analyzing outcomes, identifying trends and developing plans of corrections.
- Collaborates with other memebers of the health care team as needed.
- Reviews prospective resident referrals in accordance with the clinical grid to assure that clinical services can be provided. Assesses nursing departmetn educations needs and set s obtainable goals to enable the center to provide more complex clinical services that will broaden the cetners referral base.
- Participates and/or leads committees or workgroups as deemed necessary and/or requested by Administration.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Medical Director, attending and consulting physicians, ancillary and service departments, and contracted providers through JOB, MAB and other meetings. Acountable for execution of consulation services process.
- Participates in the selection, monitoring, evaluation, storage and tracking of clinically related equipment and supply usage.
- Assumes responsbilities and authority of operations in the short term absence of the ED/CEO
- Remains knowledgeable about the residents and their conditions through mechanisms such as making daily rounds and discussion with charge nurse and promotes person-centered care.
- Promotes and evaluates resident and family satisfaction with nursing services
- Advocates for and assists with smoth transitions of care from one setting to another through effective communication and discharge planning activities.
- Promotes an environment where residents rights are protected and residents are free from abuse and neglect.
- Responsible for evaluating staff development needs for the nursing department.
- Ensures clinical competency of all nursing staff. Collaborates with DSD to develop and manage systems to assure clinical competencies during the hiring process and annually. Encourages ongoig professional organizations, and completing formal academic programs.
- Participates in employee recognition programs.
- Communicates effectively, actively listens and functions effectively as a part of the team.
Core Values/Service Excellence:
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Solicits patient/resident feedback to understand their needs and the needs of the community. Advocates for Service Excellence within the Center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our patients and residents through empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending/implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Enriches the Center culture by having fun.
- Recognizes the benefits of team collaboration. Shows respect for fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.