REFERENCE #: 14-OC-207 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
DEPARTMENT: Oncology Medical Physics
TITLE: Electronics Technologist (Full-Time Position)
HOURS OF WORK: 8 Hour Days, other shifts as required
To provide regular and emergency repair service to radiotherapy treatment units and simulator in a timely manner. Interacts with service personnel from equipment manufacturers to effect repairs, remaining with service personnel during non-working hours when necessary. Implements and performs preventative maintenance routines for radiotherapy equipment.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs special start-up procedures on linear accelerators including dose constancy checks and field flatness measurements.
· Participates as required in departmental quality assurance program.
· Reviews and documents parameters, configurations and test results as per policy.
· Provides electronic support service for radiotherapy department including all electrical equipment and computers.
· Maintains an accurate repair and service log book for each machine.
· Reviews the machine log daily to document and repair any problems noted therein.
· Maintains up-to-date schematic diagrams for each machine.
· Establishes and maintains a comprehensive range of test instruments and spare parts inventory for all radiotherapy equipment.
· Maintains an up-to-date file of all parts suppliers.
· Keeps a library of current catalogues, reference manuals and data sheets for equipment and parts.
· Repairs miscellaneous electronic equipment for Physics and other departments.
· Designs and constructs specialized electronic equipment required by Radiotherapy, Physics and Research Departments.
· Attends service training courses for new equipment as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE:
· Three year Electronic Technologist/Engineering diploma from a community college or equivalent.
· Minimum one year relevant experience in knowledge and repair of radiation therapy equipment.
· Experienced in troubleshooting and repair of analogue and digital circuits and a familiarity of clinical applications and networking.
· Demonstrated analytic skills with the ability to diagnose and repair equipment malfunctions.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· High degree of interest, enthusiasm, and commitment to high quality patient care.
· Ability to respond to workload pressures and work evenings and weekends as necessary to maintain quality patient care and operational readiness.
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary/interprofessional team.
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including accurate and thorough documentation skills.
· Proven ability to attend work regularly.
· Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
: The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position. Please apply via email, quoting reference number 14-OC-207
Jennifer Walsh Recruitment Advisor, Recruitment and Employee Services
KINGSTON GENERAL HOSPITAL E-mail: email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file for up to one year should another suitable opportunity arise. Please contact the Recruiter listed on this posting with any questions.