Communications Internship Job Listing at Kirklands in Nashville, TN (Job ID kirklands-1482)
Job Code :1482
Location :Nashville TN US 37214
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Student (Undergraduate/Graduate)
Education :Some College Coursework Completed
Category :Administrative and Support Services,Retail/Wholesale,Operations Management
Compensation :8 USD Per Hour
Job Description :
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Communications Intern will assist and support Store Operations on projects and the execution of day to day tasks as well as partner with other departments based on specific projects/assignments. This position is paid.
* Assist with updates, development, coordination and implementation of field operational procedures and training initiatives designed for either individual/team development.
* Assist in developing training materials to support new projects, training programs and new processes.
* Assist in preparation of the following field communication, but not limited to:
* Weekly Communication
* Field Communication
* Monthly Business Planner
* Store Meetings
* Monthly Contests
* Game Plan
* Memos and other direction
* Assist in updating and distribution of policy and procedure manuals.
* Assist in the development and execution of sales meetings for Zone and District Management.
* Create strong partnerships with field and cross-functional corporate business partners.
* Represent the Operations Department and the stores in meetings, decisions, follow-up, etc to discuss ongoing topics and issues.
* Currently enrolled in college or university. Preferred areas of study: Corporate Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields.
* Internship must be for college credit and required for graduation. (This is an 8-10 week program.)
* 1-2 years of retail experience preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong editorial and proof-reading skills and high level of attention to detail.
* Ability to extract data from conversation and documents.
* Good influencing skills: ability to quickly build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Technology literacy, including fluency with Excel, Word, and Power Point.
* Ability to work with and understand the needs of senior influencers and VP’s.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. Responsive, quick and energetic.
* Tenacity: the ability to follow through on requests, queries, and pitches and get rapid results.
* Self-starter: ability to work autonomously and without a high level of support infrastructure.
* Creativity: flair for devising creative and innovative ideas.
* Ability to work occasionally outside of normal office hours. We are now accepting applications for Summer 2013 interns!
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Internships jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Record Label Intern
Full Light Records - Nashville, TN
PAID-College Financial Representative Internship
Northwestern Mutual-The Pruett Financial Group - Nashville, TN
APC - TN
Locate this job: