eCommerce Buyer Job Listing at Kirklands in Nashville, TN (Job ID kirklands-1030)
Job Code :1030
Location :Nashville TN US 37214
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Skill :Marketing ->Product / Brand Management, Merchandising
Category :Retail/Wholesale,Internet/E-Commerce,Product Management
Job Description :
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The E-Commerce Buyer incorporates the E-Commerce strategy through the management and merchandising of multiple product categories. This individual will be responsible for building a compelling and well balanced assortment of products while partnering with planning to make key inventory, sales, GM, turn and other analytical decisions. This position reports directly to the E-commerce Merchandise Manager and works closely with the store buying team, merchandise planning, and marketing to significantly improve the profitability of assigned categories and maximize shareholder value.
● Identifies emerging trends in Home Furnishings and determine website viability.
● Develops business strategies through detailed category analysis, SWOT analysis and market direction; presents these strategies within the organization and executes accordingly.
● Interfaces with outside vendors, store buyers, photo studio, copywriters, site operations, warehouse and distribution facility, and customer service to provide key product information and to facilitate problem solving.
● Monitors and maintains promotional performance.
● Manages and controls the markdown process and communicates variances.
● Analyzes sales trend, key items, vendor profitability and aged inventory and makes recommendations for driving improved performance.
● Responsible for product development and negotiation to include cost, subsidy and terms.
● Trains, motivates and develops associate and assistant buying team to ensure effective performance and personal growth.
● Works closely with eCommerce Planner to drive sales and other KPIs as well as to ensure assortment accuracy and profitability.
● Performs competitive shopping and analyzes sales trends for potential product line additions.
● Consistently improves product mix by building on past success and adding new items to the line while increasing revenue and item profitability.
● Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university; preferably in Business Administration, Merchandising or Marketing.
● 5+ years buying experience, preferably in a home furnishings and/or chain store environment.
● Merchandising, product and analytical skills.
● Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs.
● Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations.
● Ability to maintain and build strong working relationships.
● Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Retail Sales Consultant Franklin TN (Cool Springs)
AT&T - Franklin, TN
Store Manager Murfreesboro Tennessee
Family Dollar - Murfreesboro, TN
Whole Foods Market - Nashville, TN
Locate this job: