Software Quality Assurance Specialist Job Listing at Kirklands in Nashville, TN (Job ID kirklands-2136)
Job Code :2136
Location :Nashville TN US 37214
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :High School or equivalent
Category :Computers, Software,Retail/Wholesale,Information Technology,Quality Assurance/Safety
Job Description :
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Software Quality Assurance Specialist will build a Best Practice, Software Quality Assurance Competency within the organizationto ensure that all information systems products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
* Leads, participates, executes, and mentors Software Quality Assurance Best Practices both from an operational and project management perspective.
* Works with IS Technical and Business Analysts, End Users, Project Managers, and Applications Development Staff.
* Assists QA Team members through careful testing and enforce adherence to a defined change management process.
* Leads and mentors in the different software development processes to ensure traceability, from system/software requirements, to architectural/detailed design, to test plan/test procedures inspections.
* Ability to lead Testing as well as be a Tester by performing all facets of the SQA lifecycle.
* Ability to assess/advocate quality and devise improvements to current procedures.
* Reports progress on program/project defects and problem resolution to management.
* Performs complex work flow analysis and recommends quality improvement.
* Develops a thorough working knowledge of each application and other tools needed.
* Utilizes existing tools and recommend additional resources to facilitate testing and create a sustainable test infrastructure.
* Participates in requirement reviews, design specification, technical documentation reviews and defect/incident analysis.
* Determines the software application testing needs by analyzing business and functional requirements.
* Identifies, documents and manages resolution of software (and/or related data) inconsistencies, defects and bugs.
* Validates, researches and analyzes client-reported issues and test related fixes.
* Works with external and internal programmers, developers, and designers as necessary and directed to meet client needs.
* SQL abilities to query and verify test results in the database.
* Completes special projects and other projects in various areas of the business as assigned by the PMO.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
* Minimum Experience: 3 + years of complex application integration
Software Quality Assurance Experience
Experience with testing tool suites
* Preferred Experience: 4-6 years of complex application integration
ITIL Foundation Certification and/or Experience
PMO and Software Quality Assurance Experience
Software Service Desk Experience
Performance Testing Experience
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of software against functional and technical specifications.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience to develop, implement, lead, execute, and mentor Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Best Practices, including Software Quality Control, Software Testing, Software Testing Techniques, and Software Development Processes.
* Thorough and detailed understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile.
* Must have experience using Software Quality Assurance disciplines and methodologies.
* Familiar with GUI applications and client server environments.
* Must practice active listening to understand others’ perspective and ensure continuous understanding.
* Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
* Strong customer service orientation as well as leadership, management and teamwork qualities; contributes to creating a motivated, positive work environment.
* Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills; able to conduct self in professional, ethical and objective manner.
* Highly motivated self starter, with a can-do attitude, that can operate with limited direction and supervision, and who can set own priorities and meet deadlines.
* Strong work ethic and integrity.
* Strong attention to detail and a thorough approach to testing methodologies.
* Ability to make decisions through thorough analysis.
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products -MS Word, Excel, Visio, and MS Project.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in order to lead, motivate, and promote team building and goal attainment.
* Creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas and think around roadblocks.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-QA jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Technology - Nashville, TN
Quality Specialist 1
Philips North America - Nashville, TN
QA Tester with Retail
Robert Half Technology - Nashville, TN
Locate this job: