Assistant Center Director Job Listing at Knowledge Learning Corporation in Daytona Beach, FL
Assistant Center Director
Location :Daytona Beach FL US 32114
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Description :
Does working in the company of people who share the passion and vision of creating a better world through learning speak to you? Perhaps you belong here. As a growing organization, we are constantly on the lookout for talented, passionate people.
Are you ready to help us make the world a better place?
Maybe it’s time to graduate to the most important work of your career.
When parents entrust us to be a part of their child’s life, we are honored by the opportunity and responsibility. With over 40 years of experience in caring for and educating children, we provide parents with a peace of mind and confidence that their children will be nurtured and given opportunities to grow and develop through a balance of learning and fun. Our passionate teachers are dedicated to the development of the whole child and engage in interactive and fun activities with each child to help support their social, emotional, physical and academic growth.
KinderCare has many opportunities available in your area. Come and see what it’s like to be part of a movement that’s bigger than any one of us and more than the sum of all of us.
KinderCare Learning Centers:As the nation’s largest private provider of early childhood education and care, our child development programs, based on 60 years of educational research, are developed for infants, toddlers, preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and school-age children.
The Assistant Center Director (ACD) operate the center in accordance with KLC policies, procedures and state licensing standards to provide an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children, parents, and staff. They are responsible for all Center operations and Assistant Directors assume all Center Director responsibilities and duties in the absence of the CD. AD's also participate in interviews and effectively recommend applicants to be hired. Both AD and CD determine and implement discipline and each has independent authority to give verbal or written discipline to staff. Both are responsible for the assignment and direction of staff and provide input to Annual Performance Appraisals. The Directors strive to meet expectations for delivering exceptional customer service through acquisition and retention, quality program, financial management, operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors.
· Fulfills all record-keeping responsibilities
· Understands developmentally appropriate practice in Early Childhood Education and ensures its use in the classroom
· Assistant Directors perform each of the essential functions for each position in the center, including, but not limited to, Teacher (all classifications of Teacher and Assistant Teacher), Cook, and Van/Bus Driver. In some states, ability to drive a van/bus is required
· Understands responsibilities as a mandated reporter
· Implements Company policies and procedures
· Complies with, and may implement, KLC and all governmental regulations regarding the care of children
· Complies with all governmental laws and KLC regulations regarding records management, e.g., HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), etc.
· AD's are required to keep the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
· AD's assist and accept responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested
Requirements: Skills, Education / Knowledge, Experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or Business highly desirable
· State specific requirements for CD position required
· Statequalified for teaching positions required
· Valid driver's license, clean driving record, ability to drive center vehicles required
· Proficient in use of desktop computer required
· Ability to quickly learn software required
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills required
· Understandingof developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to ensure its use in the classroom.
· 2+ years of early childhood education experience required
· 1+ years of business management experience desirable, including experience with budgeting and accounting
· Knowledge required (or willingness to learn upon acceptance of position) HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) record keeping requirements
· Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation required
· Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
· CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily performed in the center environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips. Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds, stand up to 95% of the day, assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children, bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day, stoop, sit on the floor, have the agility to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations, perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children's well being. Incumbent will need to be highly flexible and adaptable, able to engage in multiple tasks, able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing needs of children, staff, parents, and KLC. Work hours will vary to meet the needs of the children. Travel by car, plane, and other modes of transportation may be required for KLC mandatory and regulatory meetings. Travel may require occasional overnight stays and some weekends.
Knowledge Universe is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Cost Center #: :301093
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Daytona Beach, FL
View similar jobs:
Loader / Unloader
Cintas - Daytona Beach, FL
Wells Fargo - Daytona Beach, FL
LU03 - Set-Up Operators
Kelly Services - Deland, FL
Locate this job: