Infant/Toddler or Preschool Program Specialist Job Listing at Knowledge Learning Corporation in Kansas City,, MO (Job ID klcorp-21497)
Infant/Toddler or Preschool Program Specialist
Division :Knowledge Learning Corporation
Location :Kansas City, Missouri US 64131
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Associate Degree
Job Description :
Does working in the company of people who share the passion and vision of creating a better world through learning speak to you? Perhaps you belong here. As a growing organization, we are constantly on the lookout for talented, passionate people.
Are you ready to help us make the world a better place?
Maybe it’s time to graduate to the most important work of your career.
When parents entrust us to be a part of their child’s life, we are honored by the opportunity and responsibility. With over 40 years of experience in caring for and educating children, we provide parents with a peace of mind and confidence that their children will be nurtured and given opportunities to grow and develop through a balance of learning and fun. Our passionate teachers are dedicated to the development of the whole child and engage in interactive and fun activities with each child to help support their social, emotional, physical and academic growth.
KinderCare has many opportunities available in your area. Come and see what it’s like to be part of a movement that’s bigger than any one of us and more than the sum of all of us.
KinderCare Learning Centers:As the nation’s largest private provider of early childhood education and care, our child development programs, based on 60 years of educational research, are developed for infants, toddlers, preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and school-age children.
The Program Specialist will serve as the person in charge of developing and maintaining a high quality program through implementation of educational programming and enhancing and exceeding expectations in assigned classroom(s). Ensures curriculum is presented as intended. Ensures teachers can speak to the curriculum and what children are learning. Will work closely with staff in building superior customer service and increasing retention of families enrolled. Will be responsible to obtain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of each program. Will spend 75% of time in the classroom and be counted in the ratio. Time in the classroom will include educating children and mentoring and modeling for teachers. Will be responsible for training, motivating and leadership of staff and will assist center management with interviewing and hiring of teachers. Assists in the assignment and responsible direction of staff, provides input to Annual Performance Appraisals with the understanding such appraisals directly impact wage rates, and responds to and adjusts staff concerns. Meets expectations for delivering customer acquisition and retention, Coaching, quality program delivery, financial management, operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors.
· Conduct quarterly observations of staff or as otherwise directed to meet established standards
· Orient and train all staff according to established standards
· Understandsresponsibilities as a mandated reporter
· Establish mentor/peer counselor role with all employees in the program
· Assist staff with developing educational and professional development plan
· Ensure teachers meet or exceed established criteria for in-service training
· Effectively schedule staff and children into classrooms to meet target labor hours and state required ratios
· Ensure that classroom supplies and equipment are used effectively and are available
· Provide ample opportunities for parents to ask questions and express concerns
· Define for parents the educational offerings in the next age group
· Have a comprehensive understanding of the curriculum. Ensure that teachers effectively present curriculum. Enhance curriculum as needed to meet student’s developmental needs
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested
Requirements: Skills, Education / Knowledge, Experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE
Level 1 (Infant/ Toddler)
· 2 years of Early Childhood Education coursework required
· AA Degree in ECE preferred
· Meets or exceeds licensing regulations
Level 2 (Infant/ Toddler or Preschool)
· Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education required
· Meets or exceeds licensing regulations
· 3years of center based experience in age group required
· Experience hiring, training and leading staff preferred
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
· CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
· Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, ability to drive center vehicles desirable
Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily performed in the center environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips.
· Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds
· Stand up to 95% of the day
· Assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
· Must be able to sustain a high level of energy
· Bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day
· Stoop, sit on the floor
· Have the agility to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations
· Perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time
· Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a childcare facility. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
· Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children's well being
· Must be able to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
· Incumbent will need to be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations
· Work hours may vary to meet the needs of the children
· Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a daily basis and will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to frequently changing needs of children
Customer Acquisition and Retention
Leads implementation of key customer focused initiatives like Spirit of Service. Leads special projects related to customer engagement and customer retention and produces results that demonstrate improvement in those areas. Supports Regional Vice President in leadership initiatives focused on increasing overall regional utilization numbers. Partners closely with Regional Vice President to understand and address, via regional training initiatives, and special project leadership initiatives, issues and opportunities related to customer focus, satisfaction, growth, and retention. Key regional leader in managing, understanding, interpreting, making recommendations, and monitoring sales, service, and related customer data.
Leads through example and through personal influence. Models authority, responsibility, and accountability relative to all human/people issues. Demonstrates employee interactions founded on principles of responsibility, respect, relationship, recognition, and intrinsic rewards. Provides input to RVP relative to CD and DM bench strength. Supports RVP in continuously building organizational capability and contributes to the development of a regional external talent pipeline and provides recruiting support. Pivotal regional leader in assessing needs for operational and behavioral competency training and development needs and for partnering with Training and Education and Human Resources in the development and delivery of training initiatives to meet those needs.
Quality Program Delivery
Leads regional initiatives and special projects focused on the delivery of quality programs within the region. For example, leads the implementation of Program Specialist Model, takes on new PRIDE initiatives, and leads accreditation initiatives. Works closely with Training and Education on Quality Program training initiatives. Supports RVP in proactively monitoring and addressing Quality Program issues or needs.
Demonstrates financial and business acumen in analyzing, monitoring regional financial targets, including cost and expense control. Understands drivers of profitability. Proactively uses KLC financial systems to support RVP in systematic identification of regional financial early warning flags, then provides support to RVP relative to action or correction plans. Focuses on key indicators like cash flow, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed vs. variable costs, payroll costs, income generation/tuition rates, and budgets. Specifically involved in regional financial management at a level of detail that enables the Director of Operations to positively influence net revenue growth, accounts receivable, and gross operating profit margin.
Supports RVP in ensuring entire region is in compliance with all legal and KLC requirements. Proactively establishes and maintains relationships with licensing officials. Leads special projects, training, and regional initiatives related to compliance.
Knowledge Universe is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Cost Center #: :300280
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Education/Teaching jobs in Kansas City, MO
View similar jobs:
Office Clerk ( College Work Study)
Saint Luke's Health System - Kansas City, MO
Office Clerk - College Work Study
Saint Luke's Health System - Kansas City, MO
Substitute Teachers (KC Metro)
Kelly Services - Kansas City, MO
Locate this job: