Residential HVAC Service Tech III (Albany, NY) Job Listing at Lennox in SCOTIA, NY (Job ID lennox-10186)
Consumer Products, Materials & Construction
Residential HVAC Service Tech III (Albany, NY)
Req #: 10186
Division: SE - #045 Service Experts Heating and Air Conditioning, Albany
Location: SCOTIA, NY US
Travel Involved: 0
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced
Education: HS Diploma or Equivalent
Benefits: Lennox International offers an excellent salary and benefits package including competitive retirement plans. Our health benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance. Lennox International also offers employees basic life and AD&D insurance, a scholarship program and employee tuition reimbursement.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.Lennox International Inc. and its subsidiaries are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetics, veteran''s status, or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
Innovate your career.
When you chooseLennox International, you know you''re getting the best.
That is why when you work at Lennox International, you know you areamong the best.
As a leading innovator of home andcommercial, heating, cooling, refrigeration, air-quality, and relatedservices, Lennox International is committed to helping our peopleinnovate our products and their careers.
Join over 12,000employees worldwide who build our heritage of integrity andinnovation. At Lennox International, we make your home, yourbusinesses, and your work, a better place.
Under minimumsupervision, performs diagnostic and service work on residential HVACequipment and accessories. Communicates with residentialcustomer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure completecustomer satisfaction. Promotes products and services tocustomer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor orBranch Manager.
***SIGN ON BONUS INCLUDED WITH THISOPPORTUNITY***
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works under minimum supervision to performresidential service and maintenance calls.
• Analyzes,diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous,professional, timely, and accurate manner.
• Diagnosis and performs service on heating, airconditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well asaccessories in an accurate and timely manner.
• Inspects equipment to identify potential problems toprevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
• Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning asneeded or required.
• Responsible for delivery andremoval of parts and equipment needed to complete service work.
• Using hand-held device records all required informationon customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat,timely, complete, and accurate manner. Collects payment fromcustomer.
• Communicates with dispatch while on dutyto ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities andavailability.
• Responsible for delivery ofexcellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customersatisfaction.
• Promotes products and services to thecustomer. Calls Lead Coordinator with specifics on replacementproduct sales leads generated from customer service visit.
• Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are beingused, maintained and properly accounted for.
• Represent our company professionally, honestly, andethically in all business matters and activities.
• Following standard procedures and process, ensures thatthe company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warrantyparts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed.
• May train other service/maintenance/installtechnicians, as assigned.
• Performs similar/otherduties as needed or assigned.
Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities:
• Reports any unsafe acts, conditions andhazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
• Reports any contravention of legislation or companypolicy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/managerimmediately.
• Corrects substandard acts or conditionswithin area of control.
• Uses and maintainsappropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed bycompany program(s) or procedure(s)
• Never removes orrenders ineffective any safety guards, devices, or clothingprescribed to be in place or worn.
• Complies with thegeneral rules as prescribed by company program(s) procedure(s)
• Operates devises or equipment as prescribed by companyprogram(s) or procedure(s)
• Participates in anysafety initiatives, teams, or committees.
• Reportsall injuries or incidents as prescribed by company program(s) orprocedure(s) immediately.
• Provides input ondeveloping safety initiatives and plans to eliminate exposures thatcould cause accidents.
• Does not perform act that mayendanger the safety or well being of others
• Does notengage in any pranks, contests, or rough boisterous behavior.
• Works in compliance with applicable legislativerequirement.
• High schooldiploma or GED with additional training in HVAC with NATEcertification preferred.
• Must possess all validlicensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial,or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical workarea.
• Skilled at servicing residential heating, airconditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as relatedaccessories.
• Proficient mechanical aptitude and theability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
• Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools andequipment to perform various service projects.
• Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshootproblems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems onresidential HVAC equipment.
• Proficient and able toproperly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts andpulleys on all residential systems with little or no supervision.
• Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
• Skilled at troubleshooting and repairing electronic aircleaners, refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boilersystems, humidifiers, and related equipment with little or nosupervision.
• Effective communication skills tocommunicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, orconcerns.
• Effective and efficient time-managementand organizational skills.
• Valid driver’slicense with acceptable driving record.
• Available towork flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
• Two years’ experience performing service andmaintenance work on residential HVAC equipment and relatedaccessories.
• Ability to stand and walk and to climbladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, andcrawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continuallyclimb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
• Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close,distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift andcarry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Customer Service jobs in Albany, NY
View similar jobs:
Customer Service Representative
OfficeTeam - Rotterdam, NY
Patient Services Representative
Aspen Dental - Amsterdam, NY
Client Service Professional - Middle Market
Chase - Albany, NY
Locate this job: