SE - Field Supervisor, Residential Job Listing at Lennox in SAINT CHARLES, IL (Job ID lennox-11222)
Consumer Products, Materials & Construction
SE - Field Supervisor, Residential
Req #: 11222
Division: SE - #227 Service Experts Heating and Air Conditioning, Chicago West
Location: SAINT CHARLES, IL US
Travel Involved: 20%
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced
Education: HS Diploma or Equivalent
Innovate your career.
When you choose Service Experts, you know you're getting thebest. Service Experts is part of the Lennox family, a known andtrusted long term provider of HVAC equipment and services. Thatis why when you work at Service Experts, you know you are amongthe best.
As a leading innovator of home and commercial, heating, cooling,refrigeration, air-quality, and related services, Service Experts iscommitted to helping our people innovate our products and theircareers.
Join over 4,000 employees in North America and Canada who buildour heritage of integrity and innovation. At Service Experts, we makeyour home, your businesses, and your work, a better place.
Supervises technicians and helpers who are installing, maintaining, and servicing residential HVAC equipment and accessories. Oversees daily work and ensures adequate staffing to meet customer needs, assists technicians with unusual or difficult assignments, trains and coaches employees, ensures that safety rules and practices are followed, and conducts quality-control checks on completed work. As needed due to staffing and customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work. Work is performed under the direction of the Branch Manager.
Reviews and monitor upcoming work to be performed in order to schedule and assign technicians and/or crews to maximize productivity and to meet the needs of the customer. Conducts regular meetings with technicians and helpers on such matters as reviewing past performance and areas of concern conducting training on lead generation customer service, and company products and services reinforcing safety rules and practices, and current and future goals and objectives. Assists technicians with major, unusual or difficult assignments and/or problems. Conducts quality-control review of assessments of completed work performed to ensure work is performed in accordance with company practices and processes, expected workmanship, and efficiency and effectiveness. Trains employees on technical skills, company processes and procedures, and safety rules and practices. Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for. Represent the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities. Ensures that the company vehicles are properly stocked, that defective warranty parts are returned to the Branch and that vehicle standard stock is ordered/replenished as needed. As needed, completes material requisition forms and other related administrative activities. Demonstrates leadership to the field staff in the areas of customer focus and customer service following company policies, procedures, and processes safety rules, procedures, and practices and the implementation of company initiatives. Serves as a resource to the sales staff on technical issues regarding products and services. Assists the Branch Manager with administrative tasks and other duties as needed or assigned. As needed to meet customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work. Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
High school diploma or GED with additional training in HVAC with NATE certification preferred. Five years experience servicing or installing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment. Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
Demonstrated basic leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to train others in technical skills and effective customer service. Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns. Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills. Advanced skills in servicing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories. Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment. Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects. Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and blueprints as well as troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on residential HVAC equipment. Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts and pulleys on all residential systems with no supervision. Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting. Advance skills in troubleshooti
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for supervising and managing theservice and installation of products and/or services of the Branch toKPI’s as established by Area and Branch managers.
* Accountable for the KPIs of the Branch, toinclude but not limited to:
* Labor Productivity and Efficiency
* Tech Lead Turn Rate
* Inventory Management
* Customer Satisfaction and CallBacks
* Employee Retention
* SE Standards (appearance, process,etc.)
* Others as defined by the BranchManager
* Be proficient at accessing and interpretingBranch KPI data and maintain all related goal boards.
* Plan, coordinate and direct the overallactivities of technicians (install, service and maintenance asappropriate).
* See that all local codes (including permits)are properly met.
* Directly responsible for the activities of theservice or installation technicians.
* Responsible for promoting positive branchrelations with customers.
* Represent our company professionally, honestlyand ethically in all business matters and concerns.
* Abide by all company procedures, policies andsystems and ensure that all members of the service and installationteams do the same.
* Get work completed per the company’s 5Standards of Excellence
* Coordinate with Area to carry out all servicework and installation projects on job sites.
* See that all safety rules are followed andthat all equipment is safe to use.
* Check select completed calls for workmanship,efficiency and proper procedures.
* Check FAST reports and Job Files as they comein for accuracy and completion of information.
* Keep accurate inventory records (supplies,parts, materials and equipment).
* Coordinate parts and suppliesreplenishment. Create PO’s, receive equipment, verifyinvoices, and submit to Area for payment.
* Handle customer service complaints in aprofessional manner with the focus on “more than satisfiedcustomers” in all decisions.
* Support the Sales Department with assistancein answering technical questions and recognizing applications.
* Conduct regular meetings with service,installation and all other technical staff to review past performanceand areas of concern, encouraging, motivating and assisting in leadgeneration and establishing and reviewing past, present and futuregoals.
* Ensure proper development of service,installation and other technical staff.
* Appoint as necessary, Lead Service Techniciansand Lead Installers to assist in field supervision andtraining.
* Assist Service Technicians, Installers and allother technical staff with major problems as necessary.
* Assign and supervise FAST Champion role forservice technician.
* Perform service, maintenance, and installationjobs on a regular basis, especially in peak demand periods.
Health & Safety Roles &Responsibilities:
* Lead by example by coaching and supporting thehealth and safety program with-in branch.
* Conduct information sessions (safety talks,staff meeting, tool box talks) as prescribed by the companyprogram(s) or procedure(s)
* Correct or provide the resources to correctsubstandard acts or conditions that you may come to light whetheridentified by a subordinate or personally.
* Conduct or provide resources to conduct health& safety training as prescribed by the company program(s) orprocedure(s)
* Conduct health and safety observations asprescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
* Conduct Accident/ Incident Investigations asprescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
* Comply with your duties as prescribed by locallegal jurisdiction.
* Extensive experience at servicing andinstalling residential and commercial heating, air conditioning &ventilation equipment, as well as related products.
* Must have a good understanding and overallknowledge of the HVAC/Refrigeration Industry.
* Demonstrated commitment to the delivery ofcustomer-focused service.
* Exceptional interpersonal, leadership anddiplomacy skills necessary to successfully resolve all customersconcerns, problems with the company and complaints about workperformed.
* Excellent written, verbal and organizationalskills.
* Minimum five to seven years experience intechnical position in the HVAC/Refrigeration Industry
* Excellent understanding and knowledge of allcompany polices as well as related procedures and systems.
Note: This is a general job descriptionand the specifics of the position may vary slightly depending onrequirements.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Marketing - Content Administrator
KellyMitchell Group - Chicago, IL
Senior Manager, Centralized Supervision Manager - Supervision & Controls
Charles Schwab - Chicago, IL
Enterprise Portfolio Manager Job
U.S. Cellular - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: