Apply on Company Website
Description Advance your actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
As a LibertyInternational UnderwritersActuary, you'll use your analytical talents to resolve thought-provoking business problems and bring value to our customers. You'll work in a collaborative and dynamic work environment where the challenges are on going. In this position, you will support a business group or company's profit, growth and operational objectives by performing and reviewingadvanced actuarial analyses. Responsibilities:
- Performs actuarial analyses for a business segment and makes recommendations concerning pricing, reserves, product development, portfolio profitability, projected business outcomes.
- Manages or participates in studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and are designed to improve risk selection, pricing, and reserve setting.
- Provides consultation to senior managers and other groups on pricing, rates, and related matters, including the development and use of pricing models/tools, business planning, contingency plans, and other financial studies.
- Monitors and analyzes the SBU's financial results in order to communicate the impact of strategic and operational plans. Develops and revises strategic and tactical plans as necessary to meet corporate objectives and respond to environmental changes.
- Identifies data requirements for analysis, pricing tool development, reporting and decision making; Ensures the organization uses it effectively to reach profit and growth objectives.
- Periodically profiles the book of business from a financial perspective to quantify levels of risk and ensure that desired quality is maintained. Develops reserve estimates and builds financial statements that reflect operating results at all levels.
- Monitors developments in actuarial techniques; Researches laws and regulations; Analyzes developments in the marketplace. Represents the Company on industry on industry and professional committees.
- May supervise 1-2 staff members.