Apply on Company Website
Description Advance your actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual's Global Specialty SBU is currently seeking an Assistant Actuary or Actuary to support the Surety, Liberty Mutual Reinsurance, and Liberty International Underwriters' field operations. In this role, the successful candidate will get a wide range of exposure to the entire operations of the SBU and its senior management teams. The focus will be on pricing support, reserve analyses, planning support, profitability monitoring, and other profitability enhancement initiatives. This position offers a unique opportunity to build home office resources to support these already successful operations and drive best practices across the organization. Responsibilities:
- Create strong governance and control processes by building expert management databases, profitability monitoring tools, and reserve analyses.
- Work with predictive modeling output and assist in enhancing predictive tools to inform booking and planning decisions and to assist in the underwriting decision-making process.
- Work with catastrophe modeling output to help analyze underwriting, reinsurance, and ERM decisions.
- Work with field actuaries and underwriters to analyze and catalog pricing models across the organization and make formal recommendations as to best practices.
- Provide comprehensive planning support across a diverse organization.
- Provide mentoring for new hires across the group and manage staff at some future date.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society, or commitment to achieving Fellowship.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact effectively with others within and outside the organization. Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial and general insurance principles, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, claims, IT, etc.
- High initiative and ability to balance multiple projects.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong Excel and VBA skills are required; SAS proficiency is highly desireable.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discountfitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death dismemberment insurance
Overview: We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way. We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success. We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday. Responsibility. What's your policy?