Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company! Liberty Mutual Insurance-Ranked #81 in FORTUNE 500 (May 2013)
Since 1912, we at Liberty Mutual have committed ourselves to providing broad, useful and competitively-priced insurance products and services to meet our customers' ever-changing needs. Our delivery on this commitment is the reason we're now the third-largest PC insurance company in the United States
, why we've earned an A.M. Best Co. 'A' (Excellent) rating, and why we have the breadth, depth and financial strength that you can always depend on - in the United States and around the world Our Personal Lines strategic business unit is an 18, 000 person business that sells automobile, homeowners and other types of property-casualty insurance coverage, as well as life and annuity products, to individuals in the United States. Personal Insurance is comprised of two segments: * Personal Lines
products are distributed through more than 2,400 licensed captive sales representatives, approximately 500 licensed telesales counselors, third-party producers (including banks for life products) and the Internet. Personal Lines' largest source of new business is through its over 15,000 sponsored affinity groups (including employers, professional and alumni associations, credit unions, and other partnerships). * Safeco
products are distributed nationally through independent agents. Head of Operational Strategy- Property Product
As the Head of Strategy and Operations
, you will oversee the growth, analytics, process improvement and innovation for the PC Property Product organization. This is a highly visible strategic role in which you will lead and manage a 75 + person operation with a $1B+ PL. In this role, you will partner with members of the leadership team within claims and across other functions (such as product, actuarial, marketing, and sales) to identify, evaluate and address internal and external issues of strategic importance to the claims operation as relates to the Property line of business. You will manage full PL of this unit and manage a team that is responsible for in-depth analysis to help identify and develop strategic initiatives to improve loss costs. You will work with senior management to set benchmarks and evaluate the performance of new products, programs, and tools in support of the property claims line of business. Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic direction for functional areas and maintain alignment with other managers to ensure successful development of the entire product line.
- Identifies and evaluates internal and external issues of strategic importance to a product line and initiates improvement or new projects.
- Readily demonstrates insightful understanding of key industry and competitive conditions, as well as the operations challenges facing other parts of our SBU and other SBUs.
- Anticipates future trends and challenges and develops and implements strategies to address opportunities. Uses experience, analytical abilities, and communications skills to contribute to the success of all businesses.
- Will manage relationship of every aspect of assigned product through interaction with relevant departments such as Product Development, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, and outside contracts (agents, regulators and industry groups).
- Develops claims field policies, protocols, and standards (from claims creation to settlement) for the property line of businesses to achieve objectives related to customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, loss cost management, and good faith claims handling practices.
- Identifies, evaluates and addresses internal and external issues of strategic importance to claims operations.
- Continually monitors current practices and procedures ensuring protocols are met to achieve business unit objectives.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements /enhancements to Senior Management.
- Interacts with underwriting, actuarial sales/marketing staff regarding claims, trends, and other issues.
- Approves process improvement efforts (LEAN) to ensure maximum efficiency in process and resources.
- Manages a team of analysts to perform complex analysis in support of line of business decision-making.
- Clearly communicates and drives ownership of key business plan inputs to appropriate levels within the operations and ensures team meets all deliverables and deadlines.
- Establishes and fosters strong working relationship with peers, within claims products group and other functions within Personal Insurance.
- Utilizes relations to broaden understanding about drivers of results and provide more useful analysis and answers to senior management.
- Provides insightful analysis and presents findings and recommendations to Senior Management and keeps them informed of issues, milestones, and results.
- Executes complex ad-hoc special projects as requested by senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field required. MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible and related work experience is required
- Management of a large operation preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, management and leadership skills, and financial acumen are required.
- Expected to be a collaborative thought leader while demonstrating strong financial acumen
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way. We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success. We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day. Responsibility. What's your policy?