Apply on Company Website
Description Advance your Paralegal career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Dynamic Paralegal Opportunity Liberty Mutual has an exciting paralegal opportunity. We are opening a new operation in Carmel, IN. Our open paralegal positions will facilitate your professional growth in two key areas: insurance defense expertise and use of technology, which facilitates the delivery of paralegal services remotely. The Carmel, IN operation will provide remote legal support services. Successful candidates must have strong computer skills, possess knowledge of insurance coverage defense, and be detail-oriented .
- Effectively manage discovery demands. Able to analyze and communicate impact of discovery responses. Respond to interrogatories or discovery demands. Communicate and document all relevant workcompleted on a file.
- Prepare standard pleadings; draft motions in higher court cases utilizing standardized computer/case management software.
- Handle investigations including locating witnesses, interviewing witnesses, and obtaining evidence for trial.
- Assist attorneys in trial preparation procedures.
- Other duties may vary according to court/state jurisdictions.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience required.
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited college or university preferred, will consider experience relevant experience, preferably within the following jurisdictions: of Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois.
- 1-3 years working experience as a litigation defense paralegal preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with attorneys, clients and policyholders.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment.
- Must display effective use of Microsoft Word, Excel and preferably various corporate databases.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discountfitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Overview: We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way. We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success. We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday. Responsibility. What's your policy?