ACCESS PHYSICIAN-PHYSICIAN II Job Listing at Louisiana Department of State Civil Service in New Orleans, LA (Job ID ldoscs-335067)
Job Title: ACCESS PHYSICIAN-PHYSICIAN II
Agency: DHH-Metropolitan Human Services District
Opening Date: Fri. 06/17/11
State Salary Range: Depends on Qualifications
Agency Hiring Range: Min: Max:
Job Type: Unclassified
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Print Job Information|Apply
Qualifications Benefits Supplemental Questions
* Expertise in use of psychotropic drugs for wellness recovery
* Knowledge of Metropolitan Human Services District (MHSD) community behavioral health services and community resources (New Orleans, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines Parishes)
* Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and written form so that others can clearly understand
* Outstanding organizational skills and attention to details
* Requires cultural proficiency that supports work with individuals from all racial, cultural, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds and any sexual orientation
* Ability be a team player with a welcoming attitude
* Demonstrated commitment to the welfare of individuals and families with mental/behavioral health issues
* Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and or career counseling and guidance
* Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, co-morbidity and the ability to conduct differential diagnoses for the presence of Developmental Disabilities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions and preventative health care measures
* Knowledge of human behavior and performance in the social environment; individual differences in ability, personality, interests; and learning and motivation
* Complex problem solving: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
* Critical thinking skills: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
* Service orientation skills: actively looking for ways to help people
* Bilingual: Spanish or Vietnamese is desirable
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application and attach your resume/CV for this job opportunity.
Applicants can check their status at any time by selecting the 'Application Status' link after logging into their account. Below are the most common status messages and their meanings.
Application Status Message
What it Means
Your application has been submitted successfully.
Checking for required test score
We are making sure you have an active, passing score for the required written test.
Your application is being reviewed by Human Resources to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Eligible for consideration
You are among a group of applicants who MAY be selected for the position.
Referred to hiring manager for review
Your application has been delivered to the hiring manager. You may or may not be called for an interview.
Someone has been selected for the position.
The agency has decided not to fill the position.
There is no guarantee that everyone who applies to this posting will be interviewed. The hiring supervisor/manager has 90 days from the closing date of the announcement to make a hiring decision. Specific information about this job will be provided to you in the interview process, should you be selected.
For further information about this vacancy contact:
Tonya Craven, H R Analyst;email@example.com
Courtney Hebert, H R Analyst,firstname.lastname@example.org
Metropolitan Human Services District
400 Poydras Street, Suite 1800
New Orleans, LA 70130
Provide medical/clinical services to clients at the MHSD Access Center/Clinic as assigned by the MHSD Medical Director
Doctor of Medicine, American Board of Psychiatry certification or eligible
Three years of experience working in Psychiatry or Residency program, in community behavioral health, and in working with a multidisciplinary team
Examples of Work:
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide consultation and direct care for clients manifesting a wide variety of serious psychiatric and psychological issues
* Review diagnosis, evaluation and treatment plans in collaboration with clients and/or interdisciplinary staff as appropriate
* Prescribe and administer medications, monitor client's biological and psychological response, providing education about prescribed medications
* Supervise and provide necessary medical services for psychiatric clients. Responsible for referring Primary Care and/or non-psychiatric medical care issues to appropriate sources
* Must be able to provide multi-axes differential diagnoses on special on specialized populations including: those involved with the criminal justice system, those with developmental disabilities and those with addictive disorders
* Responsible for patient management with a multidisciplinary team consisting of other psychiatrist, psychiatric social worker and nursing staff
* Supervise the treatment plans of assigned clients
* Complete medical records and other documentation in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with policy and procedure
* provide crisis intervention and evaluation when needed
* Handle psychiatric emergencies, including issuing Physician Emergency Certificates
* Work with other clinical staff to ensure necessary and appropriate resource linkage
* Work in cooperative and problem-solving manner with other MHSD departments and community agencies
* Identify and report any concerns regarding improvement of the service delivery system
* Actively contribute to the functioning of the treatment team, informing members of issues impacting care in a succinct and timely manner.
* Consistently meets Utilization Management and billable services expectations
* Maintain knowledge of agency technology programs and/or systems needed to do the job and use them effectively
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in New Orleans, LA
View similar jobs:
Position for Physical Therapist near New Orleans, LA
Soliant Health - near New Orleans, LA
Operating Room RN Job Opening in Louisiana
Soliant Health - New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA Physical Therapist (PT) School Travel Job
Soliant Health - New Orleans, LA
Locate this job: