Corrections Lieutenant TEST - PROMOTIONAL Job Listing at Louisiana Department of State Civil Service in Baton Rouge, LA (Job ID ldoscs-569256)
Job Title: Corrections Lieutenant TEST - PROMOTIONAL
Agency: DOC - Captain and Lieutenant Testing
Opening Date: Sun. 03/30/14
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 05/22/14 4:00 PM Central Time
Agency Hiring Range: Min: Max:
Job Type: Classified
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Print Job Information|Apply
Two years of experience in a correctional or penal institution with responsibility for the security, custody, rehabilitation or classification of offenders.
Law enforcement experience (e.g., State Police, deputy, or police officer) which must be gained after Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification, will substitute for the required experience on a month for month basis.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
An applicant who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or a felony, or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) (Part 115:17) of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations an applicant who has been found to have engaged in any form of sexual abuse; engaged in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable or refused will be disqualified.
Prison Enterprises industry or farm operations jobs are qualifying as experience in the rehabilitation of offenders.
Qualifying jobs in State service include Prison Enterprises Farm Supervisor; Prison Enterprises Farm Manager; Prison Enterprises Assistant Supervisor and Prison Enterprises Supervisor.
* In order to take the test, you must bea PERMANENT Classifiedemployee of the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections - Corrections Services.(Adult Institutions)
* YOU ARE APPLYING TO TAKE A PROMOTIONAL TEST.
* To apply for this test, click on the“Apply”link above and complete an electronic application.
* You must sign up no later than1-1/2 weeks prior to the test dateto be allowed to test.
* You must qualify for the position in order to take the test.
* If you are not certain if you qualify to test, contact your Human Resources office to see if your name was added to the test roster.
* You will not receive a reminder to test.
* If you have any questions regarding this posting, contact DOC HQ at 225-342-0164. EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Louisiana Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Plaquemine, LA
Title and Registration Administrator
Kelly Services - Baton Rouge, LA
Apprentice Freight Car Repair
Union Pacific - Livonia, LA
Locate this job: