Student Worker Job Listing at Louisiana Department of State Civil Service in Baton Rouge, LA (Job ID ldoscs-667535)
Job Title: Student Worker
Agency: LA Comm/Tech College Brd Sups-NonISIS
Opening Date: Wed. 06/12/13
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
State Salary Range: Depends on Qualifications
Agency Hiring Range: Min: Max:
Job Type: Unclassified
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Print Job Information|
Qualifications Benefits Supplemental Questions
Students must be a full-time student AND maintain full-time status in order to retain eligibility for continued employment as a student worker. Verification of full-time student status must be furnished to the Human Resources Office at the beginning of each Spring and Fall semester. Preference given to students of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System colleges.
Students can work up to 20 hours per week during the regular semester and up to 29 hours per week during holiday's and break periods.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume and 3 references with at least one reference being an employer reference to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of employing students is to provide needed assistance to full-time staff members and to provide meaningful work experience and training for the student to prepare them for future employment.
Examples of Work:
The student worker position provides assistance to the LCTCS staff in terms of general clerical support, small and routine projects, and running errands. In addition,t he student worker will perform additional tasks as outlined by the Human Resources office, which provides oversight for student workers. The student worker must be able to work independely with broad supervision.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
1. Serving as relief for the receptionist during breaks, lunch, and absences (within the parameters of his or her work schedule).
2. Filing, inputting, collating, and duplicating information.
3. preparing summaries of reports.
4. Assisting with opening, sorting, and routing of mail.
5. Using the computer to enter or retrieve information.
6. Typing of routine and simple materials (cards, labels, envelopes, memoranda, short letters, etc.).
7. Driving and/or picking up individuals with business related to system operations.
8. Providing courier service.
9. Performing related duties on and ad hoc basis.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Louisiana Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Pcg Compliance Specialist
Wells Fargo - Metairie, LA
CSX - New Orleans, LA
Kelly Services - Broussard, LA
Locate this job: