Administrative Assistant Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
Supervision and Customer Service Communication
- Recruits, selects, trains and supervises work study students in the central office.
- Holds either monthly or bi-monthly training sessions related to customer service and job skills development in conjunction with other office administration staff for all student assistants.
- Completes employment paperwork for student workers in accordance with federal regulations and Human Resource's hiring policies and procedures.
- Serves as a receptionist, providing housing information, general assistance and customer service to students, parents, faculty, staff, and alumni who contact the department for assistance and information.
- Manges the supervision of central office front desk operations, including: overall office appearance and function, customer service, information hotline, work order requests, bulk mailings, package and mail services, etc.
Residence Life Functions
- Provides support and clerical assistance for all functions related to residence hall programmatic services.
- Coordinates the processing of all incoming department mail and documentation to ensure delivery and processing.
- Coordinates and maintain the scheduling of Residence Life meeting rooms.
- Maintains a calendar of Residence Life programs, events, and operations activities.
- Assists in the creation of weekly reports for the Director of Residence Life detailing programming, Residence Life meeting room usage and activities related to residence life services.
- Assists the Director of Residence Life with the preparation of reports for Council for Student Success, Residence Life Taskforce and Advisory Board meetings.
- Represents Residence Life at Discover Loyola Resource Fair.
- Assists with the management of the move-in volunteer process.
- Provides administrative support for the Director of Residence Life, Associate Directors, and Area Coordinators.
- Provides administrative support including agenda preparation and note taking for the Department of Residence Life Department meetings and Departmental Leadership team meetings.
- Schedules appointments and coordinate follow up meetings for the Director of Residence life.
- Co-chairs the Department of Residence Life Student Staff recognition committee.
- Maintains the department e-mail account, responding directly to e-mail inquiries and/or forwarding them to the appropriate person for a response.
- Assists with departmental mailings to students regarding housing and food service operations.
- Provides general clerical support.
- Serves on Division of Student Development Committees as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the departmental leadership team.
High school diploma or equivalent and one to three years of relevant experience; some positions may require additional experience.
- Proficiency with Internet and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of Resident Management Services (RMS) housing module preferred.
- Skills and experience in the use of computer and information systems.
- Data entry and records management experience required.
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Jesuit mission of Loyola University Chicago.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a clerical position in an office environment required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, and meet established deadlines.
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively in a diverse, team-oriented environment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Ryder - Gary, IN
OfficeTeam - Barrington, IL
Information Specialist III
KellyMitchell Group - Lake County, Waukegan
Locate this job: