Administrative Coordinator Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
Performs Research Project coordination:
1. Conducts research as requested by Director and institute faculty.
2. Compiles and prepares reports that project trends and patterns.
3. Manages research database in preparation for statistical analysis.
4. Creates and updates PERT charts for research project management.
Oversees Finance and Grant administration:
1. Prepares all financial documents; budget development; signature authority; initiates transfers; reconciles accounts; creates periodic analyses, projections, and reports; prepares expense reports, trouble-shoots all budget issues.
2. Assumes ProCard responsibility, including coordinating purchases.
3. Develops and maintains accurate databases for critical institute activities, such as grant applications.
4. Utilizes Lawson, WebFocus, and other software in support of business operations.
1. Provides administrative support to the Director and institute faculty with wide latitude for exercising discretion and judgment.
2. Acts as primary contact to faculty, staff, and students for all institute-related matters.
3. Maintains Director's calendar; schedules appointments, meetings, and conference calls.
4. Prioritizes and screens all incoming information for the Director; prepares outgoing communication (emails, letters, voice messages, etc.) processes/routes messages; ensures completeness of paperwork submitted for signature; prepares sensitive and confidential correspondence and reports.
5. Composes correspondence, takes notes, and performs similar administrative tasks.
6. Organizes and maintains faculty vitae, reports, files, and so forth; manages back-up process in hard-copy and electronic formats.
7. Communicates with internal and external offices to resolve issues or answers inquiries requiring an in-depth knowledge of the institute and university.
8. Handles Human Resource activities and paperwork, including payroll, Kronos, job description development, recruitment, hiring, and work improvement as needed.
9. Supervises staff and student workers.
10. Coordinates faculty appointments with appropriate academic department.
11. Schedules and manages conferences, workshops, and faculty development activities.
12. Participates in development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures.
13. Assists in website development; responsible for maintenance and update.
14. Performs related duties as required.
Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education. A minimum of 3 - 5 years of previous job-related experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
- Familiarity of Loyola systems (finance, HR, email, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of related experience.
- Experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education (minimum Associate's degree) and experience may be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact and foster good relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Education/Teaching jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Business Training Consultant 3
Wells Fargo - Lombard, IL
CVS Caremark - Northbrook, IL
Technical Writer & Trainer
Robert Half Technology - Northwest Suburbs, IL
Locate this job: