Assistant Director/Events Specialist Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Responsible for event budget creation and post-event reconciliation, speaker selection and coordination, overseeing the creation of event marketing and promotional materials, management of comprehensive event services including, but not limited to, registration, food services, entertainment, transportation, decoration, A-V, billing, and post-event wrap-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the "lead" on several major university events, overseeing management-level components of each event, including strategy, budget creation, oversight of marketing and promotional materials and post-event reconciliation.
2. Serves in an auxiliary management role on other major university events, as needed. These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to managing registration, food services, entertainment, transportation, decoration, audio visual and billing.
3. Assists in the execution of all events assigned to the Special Events department.
4. Staffs all events when called upon.
5. Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or CSEP certification is required. A minimum of 7-10 years prior experience with managing large-scale, concurrent, and multi-faceted special events required.
- Must be resourceful, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work as part of a team in a service-orient, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to determine goals and set priorities within the context of departmental and division goals and strategic plans.
- Must possess initiative; be detail-oriented, efficient and able to manage an array of projects simultaneously.
- Must have or develop a strong working knowledge of Loyola University Chicago and its culture, people, programs and involvement opportunities.
- Must have a strong ability to initiate projects and activities and be effective in working with and managing diverse groups of people, including students, colleagues, alumni and board members.
- Ability to work irregular hours and heavy lifting.
- Must be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be an adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.
- Knowledge of RoomViewer, Social Tables and C-vent a plus.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Libertyville, IL
Data Entry Representative
Kelly Services - Downers Grove, IL
Kelly Services - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: