Business Manager Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
The Business Manager will be responsible for the fiscal management of external campuses, specifically Cuneo Museum & Gardens (Cuneo), the Loyola University Retreat & Ecology Campus (LUREC), the Department of Campus/Community Planning, including the Student Run Businesses, and the fitness center at the Health Sciences Campus. The Business Manager will report directly to Associate Vice President for Community Planning, with a dotted line to the Director of Business Operations.
As a member of the Capital Planning & Campus Management Finance Team, duties will include:
- Prepares the annual operating budget for Campus & Community Planning including Student Run Businesses; works with managers and prepares new spending requests and capital improvement requests in alignment with department initiatives; identifies funding for unbudgeted initiatives throughout the fiscal year.
- Ensures timely payments of contracted services for the Cuneo and LUREC campuses. Bills external groups and monitors Accounts Receivables for the LUREC and Cuneo campuses; posts journal entries; reconciles and disburses appropriate taxes on the sale of services to conference clients, including UBIT, operating taxes and sales taxes. Oversees procurement.
- Provides financial forecasting on the status of operations within the Business Units to the Associate VP.
- Prepares financial reports showing actual versus budget performance.
- Works with various units to conduct market research, analyze data and set create pricing structures to ensure profitability.
- Generates pro forma reports as needed for University initiatives.
- Works with the legal department to draft and edit contracts and other legal documents.
- Provides financial support for the Student Run Businesses including retail property management; prepares facility chargebacks and analysis for student property managers.
- Distributes monthly reports to the appropriate business unit heads and holds quarterly meetings with managers to assess the overall financial operations of the areas.
- Ensures timely payment of invoices through the preparation of check requisitions and purchase orders; expense transfers; budget transfers, etc.
- Reviews Position Control Reports, budgets, forecasts and P&L's with the Associate VP; prepares month-end and year-end accruals, journal entries and expense transfers; assists with the accumulation of data from surveys to enhance customer service; assists with creating RFPs and vendor selection as needed.
- Assists and supports the overall financial operation of the entire division at the direction of the Director of Business Operations and Assoc VP's.
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field and three-five years of professional business or management experience, MBA or CPA strongly preferred; equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Five years work experience in financial/budget management position. - Knowledge of GAAP required.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively and independently.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a group setting.
- Experience working in a complex organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR/Project Manager Assistant
CTG - Lincolnshire, IL
External Support Manager Job
U.S. Cellular - Chicago, IL
Human Resources Generalist -Entry Level in Itasca
OfficeTeam - Itasca, IL
Locate this job: