Business Manager Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
The Business Manager will be responsible for the fiscal management of the Facilities Department for the Lake Shore, Water Tower, and Health Sciences Campuses. Responsibilities will also include financial oversight of Capital Projects and Investment Properties. The Business Manager will report directly to Associate Vice President for Facilities, with a dotted line to the Director of Business Operations.
- Prepares the annual operating budget; works with managers and directors to develop preliminary budget requests aligned with operational needs; works with managers to identify funding for unforseen facility repair costs or unbudgeted requests.
- Allocates and reallocates funds from the capital pool to specific projects based on priorities.
- Works with business managers of other departments to jointly fund special requests outside the scope of facilities management.
- Prepares financial reports of actual versus budget performance.
- Analyzes energy procurement options for utility contracts; tracks utility consumption and costs by building.
- Generates pro forma reports as needed for University initiatives.
- Works with the legal department to draft and edit contracts, leases and other legal documents.
- Prepares quarterly chargebacks for 20-24 E. Chicago, Jesuit Province, and LUMA.
- Holds quarterly budget reviews with managers; holds budget reviews with project managers upon completion of construction pricing and intermittently throughout the duration of projects; prepares capital project cash flow schedules.
- Works with appropriate leadership at Lakeside and Health Science Campus to develop the overall Facilities operations at the HSC and revises the shared services agreement as appropriate.
- Ensures timely payment of invoices through the preparation of check requisitions and purchase orders, expense transfers, budget transfers, etc.
- Reviews Position Control Reports, budgets, forecasts and P&L's with the Associate VP; prepares month-end and year-end accruals, journal entries and expense transfers; assists with creating RFPs and vendor selection as needed.
- Assists and supports the overall financial operations of the entire division at the direction of the Director of Business Operations and the Assoc VP.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, 1-3 years work experience in financial/budget management position.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively and independently.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a group setting.
- Experience working in a complex organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Data Visualization Spotfire - Sr. Analyst **
Accenture - Chicago, IL
The Creative Group - Chicago, IL
Full Time Reminiscence Supervisor
Sunrise Senior Living - Gurnee, IL
Locate this job: