MANAGER BENEFITS Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the benefits administration of plans. Ensures information is processed accurately and communicated as needed.
- Manages Benefit staff daily activities.
- Oversees the Human Resources/Benefits webpage.
- Responsible for orientation sessions for new hires and transferee employees each month.
- Resolves issues related to interface files, vendor relationships and escalated employee issues.
- Responds and researches employee benefit questions and issues and works to a achieve a resolution.
- Responsible for audits of all health and welfare plans. Reviews against vendor files and billing statements.
- Responsible for the annual open enrollment and the planning and implementation of the University's wellness programs.
- Works with HRIS to provide customized files and data required to perform the FAS 106 projections each year for retiree reserves.
- Updates HRIS system with employee benefit eligibility or status changes. Follows up with correspondence regarding benefit changes to the employee.
- Assists in the preparation of SPDs, summary annual reports, and employee benefits communication materials.
- Responsible for administration of Retiree health savings plans and 403 B administration. Sets up all Retirees in each plan.
- Ensures plans are in compliance with ERISA, IRS and/or DOL regulations. Completes annual 5500 filings.
- Responsible for LOA benefits implementation calculations.
- Performs related duties and special projects as required.
Bachelor's degree with 5 - 7 years of Human Resources experience in the Benefit area. CEBS course work a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills, Internet and email applications.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems
- HR/Payroll experience with Lawson preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of ERISA.
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to develop productive working relationships with others.
*Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Must have 5-7 years of Human Resources Benefit experience.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
SAP Security Consultant (Part-Time opportunity)
Allstate Insurance Company - Northbrook, IL
Kelly Services - Chicago, IL
Human Resources Recruiter
OfficeTeam - Hoffman Estates, IL
Locate this job: