Museum Registrar Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Arranges for the shipment, including insurance, of incoming and outgoing loans; performs registrarial duties as needed.
- Examines incoming artwork and creates and sends condition reports to lenders to verify the condition of the artwork received.
- Drafts and submits loan requests for exhibitions.
- Writes didactic wall labels and handouts and creates educational slideshows and presentations.
- Performs research and gathers information for current and future exhibitions; assists with responding to questions.
- May assist with art design and installation for exhibitions.
- Maintains collection records and files.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must be detailed in record keeping.
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to travel as a courier to other cities if needed.
- Must complete certification courses.
Bachelor's degree in Art History or museum studies and two years of related experience required. Broad knowledge of art history and world art. Knowledge of museum studies and operations. Knowledge of curatorial practices.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
real estate representative, Real Estate - Chicago, IL
Starbucks - Chicago, IL
24 Seven - Chicago, IL
Packaging Production Artist
24 Seven - Batavia, IL
Locate this job: