Office Assistant Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Assists the Graduate Program Director and Public History Director.
- Maintains confidential files and databases of current and past graduate students; processes and files paperwork related to courses, comprehensive exams, master's essays and Ph.D. dissertations.
- Generates reports for the GPD, PHPD and Department Chair with regard to measuring outcomes of our graduate students, application rates, assessment of Program, etc.
- Fields telephone calls and provides materials to persons interested in graduate programs; processes all new applications; schedules visits by prospective graduate students .
- Notifies and keeps graduate students updated about upcoming events, opportunities, awards deadlines and registration deadlines. Helps to advise students on the basic requirements and processes of graduate admission, enrollment, graduation, etc.
- Assists faculty and the administrative assistant on departmental projects as they arise, including planning details for special seminars and workshops sponsored by the department.
- Assists graduate students with their HGSA conference.
- Oversees scheduling of the faculty study room.
- Manages and updates departmental webpages; assists with distribution and collection of teacher/course evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience in an office setting.
- Previous office support staff experience required.
- Good verbal and written communication, organizational and customer service skills required, since the graduate program secretary is often the first face that new and prospective graduate students meet or contact via email.
- Ability to learn new computer software and programs as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact and collaborate professionally and courteously with other staff members and faculty.
- Must have discretion and trustworthiness. The successful candidate must be responsible and respect confidentiality because they will have access to grades (indeed collect grades for directed readings, etc.), supervise the giving, monitoring and collecting of comprehensive examinations, and will likely have knowledge of rankings for fellowships and Teaching Assistantships.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (esp. WORD, OUTLOOK, and EXCEL) required.
- Competent in OFFICE 365, SKYDRIVE, and SHAREPOINT, the T4 WEBSITE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, LOCUS (the University grade and enrollment management system), WEBREPORTS, SLATE (the University applications management system), and GSPS.LUC.EDU (the main database for the Graduate School), LUC.BOX.COM (presently used as the Graduate Program filing system), SAKAI (the main course management system of the University) and ADOBE ACROBAT.
- Exhibit openness to other tools such as, but not limited to, cloud based resources including Gmail, Google Docs, Trello, etc. for use in the Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Library/Inf. Science jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
K-12 Literacy Specialist (Territory: Florida)
Pearson - Orlando, FL
Maintenance Assistant - Full Time - Weekend on-call required - Nashua, NH
Kindred Hospital - Nashua, NH
Maintenance Assistant - PART TIME - San Luis
Kindred Hospital - Green Bay, WI
Locate this job: