Senior Graphic Designer Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Responsible for a variety of print design and production work that supports the University's brand and graphic standards.
- Supports University and client strategies for recruitment, student development, academic affairs, alumni relations, and other business goals.
- Understands marketing concepts and various tools for reaching our audiences. Provides sound marketing direction that aligns with client/University standards and strategic goals.
- Responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies/objectives (both print and electronic).
- Creates design solutions from concept to completion, in a wide range of graphic applications including marketing collateral materials, environmental graphics, publications, presentations, brand identity.
- Manages student design interns as well as interview and hire new recruits each school year.
- Manages external freelancers and vendors to achieve Loyola's high quality mandate.
- Handles highly-sensitive projects (time, audience, Sr. leadership as client) and manages client relations when an outcome is unsatisfactory.
- Serves as a key player in education for units and divisions across the University so there is a common understanding of brand standards, quality measurements, etc.
- Comprehends and adheres to brand standards, as well as act as "brand advocate" to all University divisions and departments.
- Presents to internal clients on complex, innovative jobs to garner support and educate clients beginning on the front end of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, electronic media, fine arts or related area; Master's degree is preferred.
-Minimum 3-5 years working experience as either a Lead Graphic Designer or Senior Designer.
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software and applications InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator).
- Hands-on experience with Indesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Microsoft Office and common web and website development; experience with rich media is desired.
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in print, branding, typography, publication design and production, and also some web design experience.
- Comfortable working with and managing outside vendors and printers; 3+ years' experience on press checks with a solid understanding of the printing process.
- 3+ years art directing photo shoots. Preferably both studio and location photography.
- Ability to successfully manage their time, work flow and schedule in order to meet strict and sometimes aggressive deadlines. Ability to work quickly and efficiently; self-driven, proactive.
- Must be open and receptive to design critique but also able to represent their own work and stand up for design they believe in.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the Graphic Design team and effectively communicate their own ideas.
- Must be resourceful. Ability to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints, experience in tracking and working within approved budgets.
- Typography, creativity, strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, client service attitude required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, exceptional client-service and team-participation skills; about to present and persuade.
- Alternate career experience will be considered upon evaluation of portfolio.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Art/Design jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Mid Level AutoCAD Retail Designer/Drafter in Chicago
24 Seven - Chicago, IL
Graphic Designer- Chicago
Kelly Services - Chicago, IL
The Creative Group - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: