Technology Coordinator Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
This position supports the daily function of electronic learning spaces, as well as the construction of new and remodeled electronic classrooms and conference rooms. Primary responsibilities include supporting faculty teaching in electronic classrooms, identifying appropriate equipment for learning spaces, developing a timeline for delivery, and coordinating the purchase and installation of these packages with other university departments and outside vendors. The incumbent oversees the hand-off of spaces upon completion, creates documentation, and delivers training on new systems. This position also provides on-going administrative back end support for remote classroom management and lecture capture systems. Additional duties involve on-site support for VIP events, general maintenance of equipment, and the evaluation of new technologies. The incumbent is expected to be fluent in the university's video and web conferencing platforms and learning management system as well. Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Supports faculty, students, administrators, and staff in using electronic learning spaces
2. Identifies appropriate equipment for classrooms and conference rooms
3. Develops project timelines that include milestones and final deliverables
4. Works with other university departments and outside vendors to coordinate the purchase and installation of equipment packages
5. Oversees the hand-off of new spaces; creates documentation and delivers training
6. Maintains the back end infrastructure for classroom systems
7. Provides on-site support for VIP events
8. Assists with the general maintenance of classroom equipment
9. Evaluates new and emerging educational technologies; pilots when appropriate
10. Performs other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in business, digital media, computer science or related field and at least two years of directly relevant experience.
None required, although any type of certification demonstrating expertise in project management, computers, multimedia, or control systems is a plus.
- Must be familiar with a variety of technical concepts, practices, and procedures in both computer and media industries.
- Sound understanding of operating systems (Windows and Mac OS), presentation software, and specialized tools such as whiteboards, document cameras, clickers, and tablet devices.
- Some experience with Sakai (or other LMS), Adobe Connect, Panopto, and Crestron is highly desired.
- Excellent client facing skills including exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills, and must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and technical manuals. Must be able to effectively present information (oral and written) and respond to questions form peers and other Loyola staff, faculty, and students.
Computation Ability/Business Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for services and assistance.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
- Individuals should be inspired to support faculty, students, administrators, and staff with integrating technology into the teaching and learning process.
- Supports the organization's goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative skills.
The majority of the work for this position will occur within the standard work week. However, this position will be on-call, and may need to work during off-hours for special events or requirements.
- Prior knowledge of higher education is a plus.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Big Data Professional Services Director
Intel Corporation - Chicago, IL
Big Data Professional Services Consultant
Intel Corporation - Chicago, IL
KellyMitchell Group - North Chicago, IL
Locate this job: