Training Specialist Job Listing at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
- Manages all logistics associated with delivering department programs including updating on-line enrollment system with class schedules; reserving rooms, equipment, meal service and supplies; maintaining inventory of training materials.
- Successfully conducts department's training programs; assesses skills and abilities of participants and exercises discretion and independent judgment regarding participant's ability to understand and implement concepts presented; actively evaluates the effectiveness of learning and research and assist with the development of new programs as needed.
- Acts as the Program Coordinator for the university's mentoring program; provides programming and resources to support successful mentoring partnerships.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the HR division by supporting different initiatives.
- Works flexible hours to accommodate the department's programs.
- Creates and maintains effective business relationships with external vendors and internal clients; represents the department at meetings and other events.
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field with 2-5 years of work experience in an organizational development environment.
Master Trainer Certification from ASTD desired but not required.
- Certification from DDI desired but not required.
- MBTI certification desired but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and email applications required.
- Familiarity with learning management systems, preferably Blackboard.
- Experience with SurveyMonkey, Opinio, Articulate and/or Captiva preferred.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Crucial Conversations Training or MBTI certification is desired but not required.
- Experience with designing and delivery of e-learning.
- Two to five years of experience developing, designing and delivering training programs.
- Excellent communication, presentation and consulting skills.
- Ability to speak in front of large, diverse audiences and manage classroom dynamics effectively.
- Poised, professional appearance required.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying adult learning theories, change management processes and organizational development practices to the workplace.
- Knowledge of e-learning practices required (i.e., Articulate, Captivate, etc.).
- Must be able to lift and transport training materials and other supplies (up to 30 lbs).
- Ability to travel between campuses in a single day.
- Successful candidate will possess an enthusiastic, can-do attitude, with a love of learning and a dedication to helping others achieve their personal best.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Sr. HR Manager, Exports
Kraft Foods - Northfield, IL
Allstate Insurance Company - Northbrook, IL
Human Resources Coordinator (7821)
Johnsonville Sausage, LLC - Momence, IL
Locate this job: