Apply on Company Website
As a Gift Registry Advisor, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life. Gift Registry Advisors are Macy’s Home Lifestyle/Gift Registry Experts who provide personalized service through direct selling, product expertise and the use of social media tools with couples, gift givers and customers. Gift Registry Advisors are essential partners in creating a unique experience that will make customers feel welcome and comfortable.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
- Guiding couples through the creation of a personalized gift registry including items for their home including kitchen, dining, bedding and bath items
- Extending personalized service to couples, gift givers and all home store customers
- Continual communication through email, telephone calls and in-person appointments with couples regarding their registry
- Assist registering couples in developing their desired personal style for their new home through product knowledge and promoting all Families of Business (FOB’s) including furniture
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our stores
- Ability to incorporate technology; computers, tablets, smart phones and social media tools to enhance the registry experience
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Retail or sales experience in customer service focused business.
- 2-4 years retail/customer experience preferred
- Direct Home Store experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, peers and all levels of management.
- Able to communicate via email and on the telephone with proper etiquette
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as product information, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and use a calculator.
- Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- Superior organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be able to build relationships and influence others
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to task in a fast paced environment
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess strong sense of urgency and a thirst for learning.
- Must be able to work a four-week fixed rotating retail schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.