Apply on Company Website
Matheson Environmental is seeking an experienced Sr. Environmental Project Manager for our Hayward, CA location.
As the Senior Environmental Project Manager for Matheson Environmental you will be tasked with managing multiple/complex projects at one time. The Senior Environmental Project Manager directs the efforts of all project personnel to ensure project completion up to and including: immediate response to client needs, meeting and/or exceeding identified scope, timelines and budget expectations.
The Senior Environmental Project Manager will be responsible for sales generation, client communication, proposal writing and cost estimates, client and regulatory agency negotiations, project execution, staff mentoring, and financial performance on projects. Additional responsibilities may also include building new client relationships and business development within the Northern California Market.
- Manages client interaction and financial resource allocation
- Work with Sales Marketing Manager regarding potential business expansion.
- Participates in all aspects of bid and proposal preparation
- Provides senior project oversight and expert technical input on complex projects
- Obtain bid opportunities and qualify value
- Oversee project management for successful delivery of service.
- Familiarity with all county, state and federal regulations and codes to ascertain special permits, decisions or agreements from government bodies
- Continually reviews the project’s progress and evaluates technical data received from project staff in order to make informed decisions. Based on conclusions drawn from project data, obtains approval and decisions from the client or the client’s representatives in a timely manner that allows the project to flow smoothly and progress on schedule.
- Mediates any disagreements that develop between the technical disciplines involved in a project and/or client’s representatives or contractors contributing to the progress of a project and assists in developing means by which disagreements may be settled and recorded to the best interest of the project, the client and the company.
- Interviews and participates in the selection and development of contracts with any required consultants and coordinates their timely efforts during the course of the project.
- Assists senior management with the formulation of strategies to promote a specific and/or large project
- With general assistance from senior management, organizes and assembles the resources required to serve the needs of a large project or a number of projects.
- Coordinates and conducts the necessary reviews of project documents with in-house advisors, client representatives, contractors and others required to work as a team on the project and gains assistance from company management when difficulties arise.
- Participates in periodic reviews of the project with respect to its schedule, cost and prepares progress reports on a regular basis to company senior management and the client’s representatives as needed.
- Completes the project records at the close of the project, documents the required closeout data, organizes the project records and turns them over to the office responsible for the project and its permanent project files.
- Acts as a communication link between all company representatives, management, contractors and any other parties involved in the design or construction process.
- Directs the inspections and reviews necessary at the close of a project to ensure that checklists are completed, the project documents are retained, costs and quantities have been summarized, and any special history data is recorded and obtains approval from the various bodies for the full completion of the project.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of key project personnel with senior management and technical experts to ensure appropriate levels of expertise are available to serve the needs of the project requirements this should include coordination with HR/Recruiting, IT and any other departments impacted by the execution of the project.
- Provides timely project administration for the company to include time sheets, expense reports, purchase orders, change orders, invoices and any other progress reports necessary to keep the company, the client and the client’s representatives informed of the status of the project.
- 15+ years of experience working with federal, state and local projects
- Experience with site remediation and cleanup technologies
- Proven record of accomplishment managing multiple/complex projects
- Strong technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility, willingness to modify personal schedule as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs while providing exceptional client service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology or other related field preferred.
- HAZWOPER (40-hour) training
Compensation: Will commensurate with experience.
Please note: Matheson Inc. Recruiting Department will communicate with you by email concerning your application, it is very important that you are able to receive our messages. Please add the following email addresses to your allowed incoming email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com so that we can communicate with you.
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.