Supp Music Therapist (Supp, Days) Job Listing at Memorial Hermann in The Woodlands, TX (Job ID 100029975)
BASIC FUNCTION: Position is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic care in Music Therapy as well as additional professional duties beyond the routine daily responsibilities.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served.
1. Must be board certified (MT-BC) through The Certification Board for Music Therapists, or eligible to sit for the certification exam, and have completed Neurologic Music Therapy training (NMT)
2. CPR certification required.
3. Spanish-bilingual preferred.
4. Experience in treating pediatric and adult persons with traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputee, stroke, musculoskeletal, pain management and pediatric diagnoses preferred, or internship specializing in the above diagnoses preferred. Clinical experience in physical rehabilitation with a minimum of one (1) year experience preferred.
5. Experience in treating patients in a wide age range from infant to adult preferred.
6. Complete training in suctioning, weight shifts, Positive Behavioral Support and transfers within ninety (90) days of employment.
7. Able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary.
8. Able to demonstrate competency and a basic knowledge of age specific criteria in the patient populations served within the introductory period.
9. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
1. Clear communication skills (oral and written).
2. Possesses ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
3. Competency assessed at least annually.
4. Evaluates and treats patients according to appropriate age group and diagnosis
5. Maintains all essential documentation
6. Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
7. Represents the Music Therapy department in interdepartmental activities.
8. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Provide weight shifts for patients, transfer patients and suction patients.
2. Possess stamina sufficient to maintain steady work pace and work extended hours when necessary.
3. Possess adequate motor ability, manual dexterity, and visual and auditory acuity to perform all evaluations and treatment procedures.
4. Independently transport a patient in a wheelchair.
5. Provide physical support as needed in gait-training, including lowering patient to the floor in an emergency
6. Lift 20 pounds without assistance. Reach, squat and/or bend while maintaining a good mechanical position of the body.
7. Predict and physically respond immediately and appropriately in the work setting.
8. Manage physically aggressive or agitated patients
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Clinical Research Coordinator
FindingPharma - Houston, TX
CHIEF PHYSICIAN, MD
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Registered Dental Assistant
Grand Lakes Dental Group - Katy, TX
Locate this job: