IS Security Analyst Job Listing at Menards, Inc. in EAU CLAIRE, WI (Job ID menards-178422)
IS Security Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Location: EAU CLAIRE, WI
Department: Information Systems
Category: General Office
Benefits: Full Benefits
Contact: Alex Swoboda
Apply To This Job
Return To List
The Security Analyst performs two core functions for the enterprise. The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems. Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
This position requires a highly motivated, team-oriented person with excellent communication skills.
Relocation to Eau Claire, WI and minimal travel required.
*Strategy and Planning:
* Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture.
* Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
* Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Disaster Recovery Plan.
* Acquisition and Deployment:
* Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
* Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
* Participate in the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
* Operational Management:
* Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
* Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
* Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
* Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
* Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
* Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
* Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
Apply by mail:
5101 Menard Dr.
Eau Claire, WI 54703
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IS with at least 2 years information security experience.
* One or more of the following certifications preferred:
* CompTIA Security+
* GIAC Information Security Fundamentals
* Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security
* Associate of (ISC)2
* Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement security solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to investigate emerging technologies and apply them to IS systems.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills a must. Must also have above average verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent analytical skills for problem determination and resolution.
* Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies is a plus.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to work independently, as well as cooperate with others in team efforts.
* Must work within designated normal office hours assigned or required by work.
* May be required to work overtime and provide on call support, including weekends and holidays.
Apply To This Job
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Wisconsin Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Technical Support Representative
Kelly Services - De Pere, WI
Robert Half Technology - Appleton, WI
SAP Security Analyst
Sunrise Systems Inc - Neenah, WI
Locate this job: