Roving Property Manager Job Listing at Mercy Housing in Omaha, NE (Job ID mercyhousing-4100)
id="tms_job_3937R">Roving Property Manager
Division :Mercy Housing Management Group (MHM)
Location :Omaha NE US 68198
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :High School or equivalent
Category :Property Management
Compensation :From 38,000 To 45,000 DOE
Job Description :
The Roving Property Manager ensures that the operations of the property(ies) in assigned area of oversight are in compliance with the standards and expectations of Operational Excellence, other stated guidelines of Mercy Housing Management Group (MHM), and Mercy Housing. Completes all reasonable work-related directives given by supervisor and above. Based on the assignment, is responsible for ensuring or supporting adherence to Operational Excellence standards and property-specific goals. Specific periodic assignments are identified in writing by Area Director of Property Operations or Regional Director.
• Ensures that rent collection procedures are followed and benchmarks are achieved.
• Ensures that occupancy levels are at budgeted levels and higher, where possible.
• Ensures that the rents allowed under the regulatory programs are being achieved, where possible.
• Ensures that property budgets are followed and achieved, where possible.
• Ensures that property expenses are regularly reviewed and effectively managed to adhere to budgeted guidelines.
• Ensures that the Controllable Net Operating Income is achieved and exceeded, where possible.
• Ensures that all regulatory compliance requirements, including file compliance, recertifications, interim recertifications, and appropriate documentation, are followed, monitored, and completed.
• Ensures that physical guidelines are achieved at each property, in accordance with expectations of ownership and/or Operational Excellence.
• Ensures the adherence to the preventative maintenance schedule established for assigned property(ies).
• Implements and maintains environmentally-responsible guidelines as outlined by ownership.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
• Ensures the day to day management of site-level staff in accordance with expectations of ownership and/or Operational Excellence.
• Ensures that positive, collaborative internal and external relationships are fostered and maintained and that requests are responded to in a timely manner.
• Ensures that site-level staff receive/participate in necessary educational requirements.
• Ensures understanding and effective use of property management, accounting, and personnel-related software, instructing staff on proper usage, as necessary.
• Ensures the effective communication and understanding of the organization’s stated recognition and bonus programs with site-level staff.
• Monitors and enforces guidelines as outlined in the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
• Ensures that resident concerns are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.
• Ensures the delivery of great customer service to residents.
• Ensures an effective partnership with Resident Services and/or third party service agencies to meet the ownership’s service objectives at each location, where applicable. Where there is a direct reporting relationship of Resident Services staff to the Property Manager, provides effective supervision of employees and applicable programs.
• In conjunction with Resident Services, effectively conducts regularly-scheduled resident meetings.
• Follows and enforces all fair housing and local landlord and tenant laws and regulations.
• Participates in appropriate community and neighborhood meetings.
May perform other duties in the categories above as assigned
Job Requirements :
High school diploma or equivalent required. Professional certification in property or affordable housing management preferred.
Minimum of two years of administrative, accounting, customer service, and/or supervisory experience preferred. Previous housing or property management experience including HUD, Low Income Tax Credits, Rural Housing, and Tax-Exempt Bond properties preferred. Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws, including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws. Experience being accountable for financials.
• Relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
• Comprehend and communicate in the English language both orally and in writing.
• Interpret and understand financial information generated from property management software reports.
• Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver’s license).
• Work in a collaborative manner and in a team environment.
• Travel occasionally.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Define and solve problems.
• Understand and commit to the Mission and Values of Mercy Housing.
Open Date :04/26/13
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Nebraska Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
First Data - Omaha, NE
Technical Enablement Consultant Manager
American Express - Lincoln, NE
Senior Processing Specialist
First Data - Omaha, NE
Locate this job: