Clinical Nurse Specialist - CNS - Oncology / Medical / Surgical - Full Time Job Listing at Mercy San Juan Medical Center in Carmichael, CA (Job ID 1200009992)
About This Position
The incumbent is accountable for staff functions which enhance the delivery of patient care in accordance with the standards of nursing practice through education, role modeling, standards development, quality improvement, program development and coordination.
This position requires at least 5 years clinical experience in oncology and medical-surgical nursing and a bachelor and masters degree with a specialty in Oncology, medical-surgical nursing. Candidates must have a current California RN license, CNS certificate and BLS from the American Heart Association. ACLS is preferred. ONS may be required.
Special skills required for this position include the following:
current nursing techniques; principles and practices advanced medical and surgical nursing; regulatory/accreditation agency standards; current evidence based best practices; effective oral and written communication skills; staff development and needs assessment techniques; interpersonal relationship skills; current trends and issues in nursing; stress control techniques; problem solving skills; organizational and prioritization skills; CQI and QA methodologies; computer skills.
The incumbent shall demonstrate behaviors consistent with the core (Mercy) values in support with Mercy San Juan Medical Center and the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health.
Mercy San Juan Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, is a 370-bed not-for-profit hospital located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County. It is one of the areas’ largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the community’s well-being, our 2,300 employees, 430 medical staff and 270 volunteers provide excellence in care for more than 150,000 patients each year.
Mercy San Juan consistently receives national recognition for its quality of care, including the 2013 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical ExcellenceTM (representing the top 5 percent of 4,500 hospitals nationwide) from Healthgrades, as well as multiple other Excellence Awards and five-star ratings for specialty care; U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Regional Hospitals; and a recent “A” award for Hospital Safety from The Leapfrog Group. The facility has also been recognized among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals.
Founded in 1967, Mercy San Juan continues to grow with the community. A six-story patient tower opened in December 2009, bringing the total size of the hospital to 370 acute care beds. The tower offers patients private, comfortable rooms, state-of-the-art technology and the latest health care interior design elements to provide a soothing healing environment.
Among the medical services we provide are:
• One of the Sacramento area’s leading Level II trauma centers, recognized nationally as a leader in trauma care
• A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, ranked among the world’s elite for survival rates of premature infants
• A comprehensive cardiac program that is part of the Mercy Heart and Vascular Institute, including cardiac surgery, cardiac catheterization and cardiac rehabilitation
• The Mercy Neurological Institute of Northern California and Primary Stroke Center, with a state-of-the-art biplane angiography suite and 3 Tesla MRI opened in 2013
• The Mercy Cancer Institute, including nurse navigation and dedicated teams of specialists
• The latest da Vinci robotic surgical system, with more robotic specialties offered than any other hospital in the region
• The only MAKO robotic orthopedic surgery program in the region to provide partial knee resurfacing
• A comprehensive Lung & Esophageal Center, with highly specialized diagnosis and sophisticated surgical treatments
As we embrace opportunities for enhancement and growth, we are eager to find professionals who share our vision. Ready to fulfill your life’s purpose? Please take a moment to discover more about what it is like to work here by visiting www.mercysanjuan.org. Because our employees are our most valuable assets, we offer great benefits, career growth, flexibility, training, and leadership development.
Benefits Package Highlights:
• Free Medical, Dental and Vision plan for full- and part-time employees and family
• 100% Employer Paid Retirement Plan
• Supplemental Retirement Plan (403B-tax deferred with employer contribution)
• Medical Retiree Benefits
• Generous and separate Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Smoke – Free Campus
• Incentive Program
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
Coordinator Quality MgtRN-Plan Job
Amerigroup - Sacramento, CA
RN - FT - Night - - Valley Gardens - Stockton, CA
Kindred Hospital - Stockton, CA
RN-LD - Roseville, CA
Valley Healthcare Systems - Roseville, CA
Locate this job: